Sundown Audio

Sundown SQ subwoofer ? (daily driver)

I wouldn't want my subs to play up to 80 hz anyways that's what the mid/ mid bass are for.

Either way the sound of the driver is all going to come down to

enclosure, enclosure, enclosure unless you are buying spl specific drivers meant to peak at certain frequencies.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

didnt you post about getting some havoc? why are you asking about HDC3 subs?

Check his content, he's been asking all kinds of the same questions.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

didnt you post about getting some havoc? why are you asking about HDC3 subs?

I''m saying I want HDC level output but with better sound quality (I have no plans to buy any HDC subwoofers). I'm using it as an example of the output I'm looking for

I wouldn't want my subs to play up to 80 hz anyways that's what the mid/ mid bass are for.

Either way the sound of the driver is all going to come down to

enclosure, enclosure, enclosure unless you are buying spl specific drivers meant to peak at certain frequencies.

That makes sense. Where the people complaining about the X series either using the wrong cone or setting there boxs too low ? Reason I ask is because bryan of sundown said the SPL cone would make it sound higher on music frequencies (40-60hz) if I switched to the SPL cone instead of stock (SPL cone likes tuning in the mid 30s)

i would say enclouser and amp.. i have noticed the way bass sounds with different amps different loads in same enclouser..

Would a sundown amplifier offer good sound ?

Yeah an amp can definitely color the sound.

Recommendations of brands ?

Edited by Alex Coyne

Sundown gave you an answer on the x series already and no one will give you a better answer about it than them.

They are specifically designed for low end.

It's not like sundown hides that fact so if people aren't reading or listening and buying a driver not suited to what they wanted that is their fault.

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict

I should have said any sub meant to peak in a certain range not just spl subs.

Sundown gave you an answer on the x series already and no one will give you a better answer about it than them.

They are specifically designed for low end.

It's not like sundown hides that fact so if people aren't reading or listening and buying a driver not suited to what they wanted that is their fault.

So any sundown series with the SPL cone would be similar to subs like the havoc and fi q12 ? (well rounded and efficient ?).

I'm basically trying to find out if Sundown can give me what i'm looking for or do I need to switch brands to get what im looking for (good output across all spectrums )