So, with the dd1 I get nothing but a power light and a distortion light when setting my gain, the volume is at 45 where I could here it distort at 47, so I just backed it down a couple. Only did this because I tried to see where my h/u distorts at (DEH-8600BH) but got nothing, no lights or anything, through the amp and with trying it through the RCA's. I didn't want to make a long title, but I'm also having problems with my cc1 where I get a power light and a red signal light (green is good) even with the volume at 0. These both being hooked up to (+) and amp ground. Need some help here, thanks in advance.

Make sure high and low pass filters are open to allow signals. Test the 40hz on the low/sub-out RCA output from the HU, and the 1000hz on the mid-level RCA output. Turn EQ flat or zero, sub level at zero, use DMM, to check for voltage coming out of the RCA.

Make sure high and low pass filters are open to allow signals. Test the 40hz on the low/sub-out RCA output from the HU, and the 1000hz on the mid-level RCA output. Turn EQ flat or zero, sub level at zero, use DMM, to check for voltage coming out of the RCA.

So I turn on the high pass filter on the h/u? There's no low pass. I'm a little confused here on the rest of what you said.

there is no left channel on a crescendo 1500. and why set your headunit where you can "hear" it distort when you have a dd-1? set it one click under where the dd-1 says distorts

there is no left channel on a crescendo 1500. and why set your headunit where you can "hear" it distort when you have a dd-1? set it one click under where the dd-1 says distorts

I meant on the right side with the + it's in the left one. And if you read, I can't find out where my head unit distorts because I get NO led illumination.

Are you following the instructions in the manual? Not to be a dick, but it's not like you'd be the first one. As for the filters, you want them open not on, that way those signals don't et filtered out.

Going to quote myself from another person with crescendo amps and cant get their tools to work.

Did you try using the negative probe on the negative amplifier speaker output (not the negative amp ground).

iirc the crescendo amplifiers use Tiffany style inputs, which are not grounded and may make it a differential rca input.
There is no physical connection between the negative rca signal on the amp and the actual ground and that may have something to do with the signal not being transferred through the ground when the cc-1 is grounded on the battery itself.

So try it using both the positive cc-1 probe on the positive speaker output of the amp, and the negative cc-1 probe on the negative speaker output of the amp and then you should hopefully get a signal.

I remember someone else having an issue with a 4channel or 2 channel crescendo I thought and they couldn't get signal on the dd-1 with their amp 1 way but the other way worked.

Also some of the older DD-1s with the recessed rca connection in the top, There are some RCA cords that have ends that are too bulky to get the cable to fit into the opening, which wont make a contact and you wont get a signal.
Ive had this happen a few times.