Alt Whine - Can't Find The Source!

It takes how much effort to go add a ground?

In the time that you've been trying to say why do it you could have already done it and known if it will solve the problem.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

It could possibly be a failing alt but if you never had issues before I doubt that's what it is.

I have only had it hooked up a few hours, and I've only had the truck ~1 month, so I don't want to rule anything out. I guess it wouldn't hurt to load test it and see how it reads. You said you just use the case bolts as your grounding point?
You would want to test it for excessive ripple current.

By ripple current, do you mean an AC current on the DC line?

Yes.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

In the time that you've been trying to say why do it you could have already done it and known if it will solve the problem.

It's raining and I live in an apartment, I can't do it right now haha otherwise I would

2006 Mustang GT

Audio:2x RF R1200-1D, 2x RF R400-4, 2x RF P1S48, 2x RF T1682c, 2x DC 12" Lvl 3 D2, 1x RF T1652-s, XS Power Batts, Toolmaker blocks, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods:Too many to list...

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L

Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods: Coming Soon

It's raining and I live in an apartment, I can't do it right now haha otherwise I would

I'll add the ground tomorrow and see what happens. I just figured in the meantime I'd try to learn more behind how alt noise gets introduced in to the system. I appreciate all the help you've been!

2006 Mustang GT

Audio:2x RF R1200-1D, 2x RF R400-4, 2x RF P1S48, 2x RF T1682c, 2x DC 12" Lvl 3 D2, 1x RF T1652-s, XS Power Batts, Toolmaker blocks, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods:Too many to list...

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L

Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods: Coming Soon

Archived