Need help with my big 3 rq(2013 wrx)

Hey guys so I'm installing a system in my WRX, here's my quick sketchup of 2/3 of the big 3. I can not figure out where to place the 3rd part of the big 3, the negative to engine block(?)

here's my 30 second shitty paint mockup, can someone help me to figure out where to put the 3rd wire?

SSfizTq.jpg

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

The alt is essentially a part of the block. Any wire from the motor to the frame will suffice. Alt attachement bolt to strut tower look to be easiest.

Depends on where on the motor, and the gain can vary since from one vehicle to the next there are different places on the block to run a ground to. Like you said, alt case is definitely the safest bet, minimizes resistance and the chance for someone to stick a bolt in a much less than ideal spot on the engine. I recommend alt case 10/10 times because someone like you or I would know what we are trying to accomplish by adding this wire run, and would put it in a good spot, but we aren't the ones asking the questions.

:drinks:

Use one of the mounting bolts for the alternator. That's how I have mine done. That's your end goal anyway is to ground the alt

Archived