Mids/Highs new setup? Advice/feedback please!

Brand0nnn

Hey everyone!

Install is going in a 2007 Honda Civic Coupe

The subwoofer and monoblock amp are already in hand.

Deck is a Kenwood DDX-371
Subwoofer is a SKAR VVXv3 10", paired with an Alpine MRP-M1000 putting out around 1000Wrms

Recommendations/help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm currently looking to buy new speakers/4(?) channel amp, this is what I'm looking at:

Alpine KTP-445U - I want something that can be hidden under a seat or installed somewhere else stealthy. If I run 4 speakers I'll run it normally of course, or if I just go with components I'll bridge it and have a more powerful front stage.

JBL P660C 6 1/2" - Heard good things about these components, I think they'd make a nice front stage... I don't have a whole ton to spend (I'm in Canada, all this gear costs a LOT more for me), although if I don't purchase any speakers for the rear I'm willing to throw an extra $50 or so into my components.

Pyramid W64 6.5-Inch - Cheap rear midbass fill. If I do go with speakers for the rear they won't be anything fancy at all. I don't have much clearance because of the trunk bars, so I couldn't put anything big if I wanted. This makes me lean more towards just running a more solid set of components in the front.. I'm not partial to the Pyramids - they're cheap and would serve their purpose.

Stinger Roadkill Sound deadener - Cheap and effective from what I've heard, I won't be doing the WHOLE car because weight is a factor.

As I said this gear is going to cost quite a bit more for me as I'm in Canada, and I'd like to keep the cost fairly low. I'd like to have nice clean SQ, of course something that can get loud when I want though. I DO NOT want overly bright tweeters, I really like a warm sounding setup and I hope that you guys can help me out!

Nothing here is set in place, although I would prefer to keep the mini Alpine amp or something similar in the build as it's going to be hidden. The back speakers are optional, I've never ran just a front stage so I don't exactly know what would work best. All the speakers here I'm VERY open to change, so long as it's within a reasonable budget (~$150)

Alpine KTP-445U is useless as it puts out as much as any h/u will.

Ditch the rear speakers and get a decent old school 2ch amp for those jbl's.

Something like PPI or some of the old zed audio made amps out there for a good price.

Something like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRECISION-POWER-PC2150-PPI-AMP-2-CHANNEL-AMPLIFIER-2ch-USA-old-school-SQ-600watt-/281634760794?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4192bd685a

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Alpine KTP-445U is useless as it puts out as much as any h/u will.

Ditch the rear speakers and get a decent old school 2ch amp for those jbl's.

Something like PPI or some of the old zed audio made amps out there for a good price.

Something like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRECISION-POWER-PC2150-PPI-AMP-2-CHANNEL-AMPLIFIER-2ch-USA-old-school-SQ-600watt-/281634760794?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4192bd685a

This.

The JBL's will be easily the best choice for their price range. Ditch the rears and use the money for better installation of the components, deadener, Mass loaded vinyl and CCF, stronger speaker rings,...

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think I may just go with the JBLs. I'm gonna try to find a space to mount a larger amp if at all possible. I may have some space under one of my front seats for a smaller 2/4 channel amp. Even when bridged you don't think that amp would put of a noticeable power gain? I'm just trying to find something with a small footprint that won't cost me an arm and a leg. Once again I appreciate the input! :)

Find a used Alpine pdx, or one of the small Arc Audio amps. the Incriminator Audio 3.4 is on the small side too, but not so cheap.

If your budget is too smal, audiopipe makes small amplifiers too.

You can put the amp on the back of one of the rear seat.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Find a used Alpine pdx, or one of the small Arc Audio amps. the Incriminator Audio 3.4 is on the small side too, but not so cheap.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pbr300x2

Do you think something like this would serve the purpose? The JBLs are 2Ohm speakers I believe so I'd be able to get the most out of them with this, plus I could run a stealthy install with something like this.

Opinions? :)

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pbr300x2

Do you think something like this would serve the purpose? The JBLs are 2Ohm speakers I believe so I'd be able to get the most out of them with this, plus I could run a stealthy install with something like this.

Opinions? :)

Yes

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived