My ride got broken into, again...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a Viper 5706v with 3 add ons installed for less than 500. Love it. 2 way, w/ remote start.

Good to know. Thank you

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Just to do a sanity check here... No car audio stickers on your car/brand names on your car? No speakers you can see through the windows? Turn the stereo down when you are close to home or when you are getting close to destination. Make sure you cover the basics. An alarm by itself is only going to help so much if you can still see your gear or if you advertise it.

I'd suggest the smartphone addon with whatever you get. You will run in to having to replace one of the FOB's and find out that the color screens ones make you wish you never got the alarm to begin with when you see their price. Even the regular FOB's can be up there in price at 150 bucks+. The smartphone option has you pay a yearly nominal fee that isn't actually too bad. You can always add that module on later and in most installs doesn't require actually hooking any more wires up as it's usually a plugin module.

Just to do a sanity check here... No car audio stickers on your car/brand names on your car? No speakers you can see through the windows? Turn the stereo down when you are close to home or when you are getting close to destination. Make sure you cover the basics. An alarm by itself is only going to help so much if you can still see your gear or if you advertise it.

Correct to nearly all the above. Only correction I can make is yes, you can see the subs (well could see) the subs through the rear window if you looked at it at the right angle. I don't have tinted windows past stock (~80%) because my wife thinks it's an invitation to a thief that I'm hiding something. I have been trying to convince her for some time now, once I get the alarm ima find a way to tint as well though.

I'd suggest the smartphone addon with whatever you get. You will run in to having to replace one of the FOB's and find out that the color screens ones make you wish you never got the alarm to begin with when you see their price. Even the regular FOB's can be up there in price at 150 bucks+. The smartphone option has you pay a yearly nominal fee that isn't actually too bad. You can always add that module on later and in most installs doesn't require actually hooking any more wires up as it's usually a plugin module.

I think what I'm going to do is purchase the nicest alarm I can with the shittiest fob. I don't want to pay a yearly expense for my alarm, and that way if a fob takes a crap on me I'm not out too much money. Hopefully

Besides I don't have a fob right now so it would be nice to have one. I do like the smartphone configuration, just not all that important to me.

The shitty fobs can be programmed to the nice alarms if your nice fob ever takes a crap.

Most alarms come with one of each kind of fob anyways.

I'm also against paying the yearly fee and it's really not that cheap, I got quoted $200 a year

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The shitty fobs can be programmed to the nice alarms if your nice fob ever takes a crap.

Most alarms come with one of each kind of fob anyways.

I'm also against paying the yearly fee and it's really not that cheap, I got quoted $200 a year

Yeah forget that. That's damn near my 6 month insurance premium.

Archived