My ride got broken into, again...

Not sure how some of these guys are getting the 5706V, with several add-ons, under $500 installed out the door. The system itself is $200 online, plus another $60 online for the transponder bypass (DBALL or FLCAN). That's $260 right there without any labor. I'd charge you another $200 in labor without any special add-ons (truck pop, rear defrost, trigger heated seats, etc). I do quality work and warranty the work for life. There's not a t-tap under my roof. Which is more than I can say for the hack jobs I see roll into my shop...

As was mentioned, Viper does warranty their products for life.... IF you bought and had it installed at an authorized dealer. Buying the system online and having an authorized dealer install it voids your warranty. Will the shop go to bat for you? I probably wouldn't. Not because "I'm not cool", but because that's the risks you take when you buy your products elsewhere. I sell the same stuff. But you wanted to save a few bucks and buy online instead of from me. That's the chance you take. I play by the book.

You might also give Compustar a look. A lot of really cool features that Viper doesn't have on any of their models. LOTS of paths for upgrade. LOTS of flexibility. You buy the brain, then pick out any remote you want to go with it. If you want to upgrade two years from now, no problem. Buy the new remote kit and you're good to go, without having a full reinstall (like with Viper). Go 1-way for now, and upgrade to 2-way later? No problem. Add on an alarm at a later date? No problem. etc etc etc.I find the keyfobs to be better quality too. The LCD keyfob in the 5706 is ok. But the other keyfob/keyfobs in the 5806 are GARBAGE.

I have had a 5706 install with battery backup, auto start, extra horn and wired to the door solenoids I installed previous for $360 on sale at a local place. I just let them know the doors were already done and I left plenty of leads for both solenoids run to the driver kick and they installed the rest. $500 is plenty change for this setup. I guess price will vary from location and I did get a sale price guess I was lucky?

Current build

300amp alt

(1) xs power d4800 up front

(1) Optima yellow top 34 out back

All 1/0 skyhigh car audio power and ground including big 3/4

(2) Hyphonics 2000.4

front doors 5.25" memphis mclass comps don't recall exact model#

future plans to run (2) pair 6-8" mids each front door.

rear ski port 6.75" Alpine Type X pro series running passive

rear doors factory 5.25" need better speakers.

(1) ? sub amp maybe sundown saz-4500d

(1) ? Subwoofer maybe team 15"

getting by with a db drive 2400.1 class ab amp thats doing a good 660ish

watts rms to single JL audio 13w6v2 @ 2ohms

box 2.86 cubes slot port 32hrz

def need way more batteries.

https://instagram.com/p/4w51kBrX9g/?taken-by=boost_syndicate

I have an old stock Viper 4103xv that has the turbo timer option which I want to install but the compustar units look great. Do they have turbo timer options? Or what other unit does?

Current build

300amp alt

(1) xs power d4800 up front

(1) Optima yellow top 34 out back

All 1/0 skyhigh car audio power and ground including big 3/4

(2) Hyphonics 2000.4

front doors 5.25" memphis mclass comps don't recall exact model#

future plans to run (2) pair 6-8" mids each front door.

rear ski port 6.75" Alpine Type X pro series running passive

rear doors factory 5.25" need better speakers.

(1) ? sub amp maybe sundown saz-4500d

(1) ? Subwoofer maybe team 15"

getting by with a db drive 2400.1 class ab amp thats doing a good 660ish

watts rms to single JL audio 13w6v2 @ 2ohms

box 2.86 cubes slot port 32hrz

def need way more batteries.

https://instagram.com/p/4w51kBrX9g/?taken-by=boost_syndicate

• 2 weeks later...

Just so you are clear on what everyone is saying here about the directed electronics units, they are the manufacturer of many different brands. Hit up their website so you know what brands they manufacturer. Anything by directed in a 2 way unit will be a nice security system for you.

http://www.directed.com/Brands/

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

• 4 months later...

Damn bro..im sry to hear u got broken into..what did they take? Fuck man if i were you i woulda had an alarm before the audio.. at least if you dont even hear it it would still be something to make the thief nervous maybe scare them away or alert someone wlse to call cops .

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Also ..in my experience if someone really wants to take your stuff theyll do it regardless of what security measures you got. Ive heard of ppl steallling cars with clubs on the steering wheel by simple cutting the steering wheel. All this security stuff is just meant to discourage

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

• 3 weeks later...

Thats why theres insurance. Insure everything you have. At least if it gets jacked you only pay a fraction of the cost to get new stuff

Yeah, the bad thing about insurance, is the deductible. Mine is only 500, but that's still quite a bit out of pocket. Plus if you go the insurance route, you would need receipts and serial numbers for everything, otherwise they can't do crap for you.

Like others have said, I never got a security system, because if they want it, they're going to get it regardless. Unfortunately, I do not have a garage. My system was stolen Labor Day night, and I am just pissed. I have enough going on medically, and listening to my bass when going somewhere was a real "lift me up" or something I looked forward too. I just posted on another thread too. But what about putting plexiglass over the regular glass? I was thinking the inside of the glass. Plexiglass has better impact resistance than glass, so I figured it might do some good, and just do the rear... i.e. rear passenger doors, back hatch glass, basically everything from the passenger seats back.

I'd still love a way to deter thieves in a more creative way. Like an electrical shock to them or something if they tried to steal your stuff. I don't know, I'll have to think a little more on that.

Oh and too, I do not have any bass decals on my ride. I think they saw me around the neighborhood and scouted me out. What a shame. I believe in karma, and I hope it comes back to them.

Tough titty said the kitty when the milk went dry

"Anchors aweigh! So what do you think of my little vessel? She's what we call a see-worthy. S-E-E, see with your eyes. I feel like my transport should be an extension of my personality. Voila. And this, this is like my little window to the world, and every minute's a different show. Now I may not understand it. I may not even necessarily agree with it. But I'll tell you what, I accept it and just sort of glide along. You want to keep things on an even keel, I guess is what I'm saying. You want to go with the flow. The sea refuses no river. The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving. It saves on introductions and goodbyes. The ride does not require an explanation - just occupants. That's where you guys come in. It's like you come onto this planet with a crayon box. Now you may get the eight-pack, you may get the sixteen-pack, but it's all in what you do with the crayons, the colors, that you're given. And don't worry about drawing within the lines or coloring outside the lines. I say color outside the lines, you know what I mean? Color right off the page. Don't box me in! We're in motion to the ocean. We are not land-locked, I'll tell you that. So where do you want out?" ~Waking Life

Archived