Second Skin Audio

JL Audio 1000/1 v1 amp melting wires problem

Flip_one

I already linked him those

oh well i guess..

Hopefully they will fit side by side and those rubber pieces keep them from arching against each other.

LOL

My bad bro, did not see it, but like broke said, probably the amp or the install...I would remove everything and reinstall everything inspecting every piece as you are removing them and reinstalling them...just my opinion....

In the mean time disconnect everything before you burn your car to the ground.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

How are your lugs connected to your wires? Properly crimped? Not vice crimped or hammer crimped. That is not proper. Soldered? Also, I agree on the reducers for the amp inputs....get them. Like islandpride684 said, complete re-install should be done too. Makes no sense to do it half-assed and have a dangerous vehicle then to do it correctly and have a safe reliable vehicle.

If this was my build I would loose the relay under hood and put a fuse holder in its place and connect front battery to it and run it to the rear battery.dose the rear battery have a fuse before it? If not add one.is the rear battery grounded to the floorpan? If so I would figure a way to make a secure ground to frame.you may have to redo things.could move battery closer to driver side and run wire down to frame.add remote wire relay to everything.I prefer smaller gauge power ground wire.reducers are nice but that would be one more thing to check or contact.just me.

Judging by how close those inputs are together the offset probably would have been better. Hopefully the ones you got fit though and that fixes the problem. Also, maybe run a relay to the back that way you dont have all of those wires going into the remote input. If all of your connnections are tight and sound then if so the power and ground wire inputs into the amp were probably kissing like said earlier. Good luck man.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Still shouldn't be a need for reducers. Something is up.

I think they're just suggesting reducers to make sure that no no tiny strands of copper from the power are hitting the ground. And that amp also has 4ga inputs, so he must have trimmed that 0ga a lot to fit it in there.

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

Archived