Second Skin Audio

Subs similar to an Fi SSD 12" dvc 2ohm?

Title pretty much says it all. Just looking for a sub thats similar to the Fi Q 15" inch or 12" inch sub. I have a budget of around 250. I will be building a 2.5-4 cube ported box tuned to around 30 hz. I need help with choosing a new sub and dont really want to wait the build time it takes for the Fi sub. But if the Fi Q is worth the wait Ill order one and just wait lol. I listen to all music but usually rap for the most part. Help me get as loud as I can get with my budget.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Just get the q their build time has been real short lately, like a week or less.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Title pretty much says it all. Just looking for a sub thats similar to the Fi Q 15" inch or 12" inch sub. I have a budget of around 250. I will be building a 2.5-4 cube ported box tuned to around 30 hz. I need help with choosing a new sub and dont really want to wait the build time it takes for the Fi sub. But if the Fi Q is worth the wait Ill order one and just wait lol. I listen to all music but usually rap for the most part. Help me get as loud as I can get with my budget.

All help is greatly appreciated.

I don't think the Q is your type of subwoofer, get a BL.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Did some figuring and I am going to order a SSD instead but I dont know if I should buy the 12 or the 15. Which would you recommend @Broke_Audio_Addict?

Well if you have enough room for a 4cube NET enclosure, including displacement probably closer to 5-5.5 cubes depending on tuning go for the 15.

What vehicle is this going in?

Figure out your enclosure space first then pick a sub.

What I would pick might not fit your needs or wants.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I cant afford the BL series. I think the SSD 12 or 15 matches pretty well with my Hifonics BRZ1200.1d with 1200 wrms @ 1 ohm and 900 wrms @ 2 ohms.

The BL is the same price as the Q.

The SSD will work well with that amp, just make sure you order then D2 voicecoil configuration.

Im building the box myself and Im gonna see if someone on here will design it for me. I want the to get as much out of the sub as possible with the amp that I have. Dont know what it should be tuned to tho. Im no good at designing boxes Building them are usually a breeze for me.

Archived