California Meca?

jessdabest77

I have been following the forum for a while now,and especially looking at the event's,show's being put on here in California for MECA,and have noticed it has declined so much in the past few year's. It seem's like it is becoming smaller and smaller every year. I have not competed in a few year's,but have noticed neither has a lot of the guy's that use to compete either. Is this a dying sport ,especially here in California? I'm just curious of what the future hold's for MECA. I really like car audio system's,and enjoy a good show once in a while,but if competing is not anymore,I guess people are not into it as they use to. But,thank all you guy's who still have a passion for it,the judge's,the audio shop's,and the fan's and spectator's who keep it alive out here! Hope to be out there again soon...

Where are you in cali? You Facebook?

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

Scene is pretty good on the SQ side, but the spl side has been lagging. Competitors aren't as committed to running mutli orgs ourt here.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Nothing local anymore an Cali finals location sucks

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Not sure the point of this thread but, will take it at face value as just an inquiry.

Jesse the California SPL competition scene is alive and strong but, majority of the information for shows are on Facebook. However, MECA SPL participation has fallen off partially because a lot of competitors are building for DBDRA. The other part is I have scaled back the amount of shows I do. My family calendar fills up fast and I make it a point to put the MECA calendar out far enough in advance so people can plan to make the shows there is. Sorry there is not a MECA show every weekend but, there is a show almost every weekend from here through June.

I know Kimo,I don't do Facebook,so I'm not alway's knowing what's going on. You've been doing a good job Kimo,and I personally thank you for still being a part of this. I really do hope MECA spl start's to grow again,cause as you've seen already,out here in the valley,there isn't much to do as is,lol.

Archived