Sundown Audio

Playing around with some wiring Ideal's, going to run solid core 10awg to them so I can bend them and have them nice and neat. This was just a sample the wire's will be Blue & white once done!

wire_zpsmgrrmxxg.jpg

wire1_zpsq4lbuica.jpg

I do electrical work and when I saw the green my mind said "ground" and then my OCD kicked in about circuit wire colors lol

Yeah I know but it was all the Solid core wire I had sitting around to try!!! Didn't want to buy a roll of White & Blue and it not work out for me! LOL Then again the electrical work I do them colors wold tell me 24vdc or 120vac hot (Blue) and 120vac neutral (White) I guess audio stuff can be FLEXIBLE on the color's! LOL

same here lol back when I was taking my motor controls class, people would always ask me why I used specific colors for specific voltages and controls and would ask if it really mattered. Everyone besides myself would use only one color, and a lot would use green for their power wires and their neutrals. It got on my nerves pretty bad lol

Yeah that get's on mine to! When I open up an electrical cab-nit I like to see the proper color wires run for the voltage it is & for every thing to be labeled! Makes trouble shooting much easier! I got to the point where even if I know the power is off I check it on AC & DC cause you never know what someone else has wired up it with any ol color wire!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

It does make it so much easier. It's a shame that some people just don't care about the people that have to come behind them and figure out the mess that they've made, but some honestly just don't care. Same thing with sytems, I'll have someone bring their vehicle to my house because something isn't working right and it will look like a rat's nest.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

sideshow...more pics!! more progress! more!!! :doit:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

sideshow...more pics!! more progress! more!!! :doit:

The X10's are coming out This coming up week and I will start testing my box next weekend! I got to wait to go over to My buddies to put it on a meter and he is going to help me tune in the correct port length & shape for it to perform the best in the Wagon! I'm building the top of the box out of wood first so I can play around with port designs first before I cut the Plexi-Glass for the finished top! More Pics coming soon! I can't wait to hear them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Getting started!!! Some times you got to go backwards to go forwards!!!! If all goes as plan I will post a TEST video Saturday!!!!!

x.6_zpsen0upx1d.jpg

x.6.5s_zpsenu4jbyf.jpg

x.6.5_zps7dn5jbw2.jpg

Nice work pics!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Do not use solid core wire! If you want something rigid, use copper tube or a very low strand count wire but

Do not use solid core wire!!!

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Do not use solid core wire! If you want something rigid, use copper tube or a very low strand count wire but

Do not use solid core wire!!!

Please explain why he shouldn't use solid core wire..
Solid core wire will break after vibrations, it's meant to be installed in a home where it is never subjected to vibration. The wire will crack inside the sheathing. It will ohm out but you will get static and shorts through the speakers, use copper tube much stronger than copper wire, also mug more rigid and will actually hold the bends.

When the solid core wire does finally break, you won't be able to tell, when you ohm it out it will read alright but you won't be able to get any current through the break in the wire.

Been there done that!!! Never again!!!

Edited by CortezDTV

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass