Sundown Audio

Come on dude. Get to making that box already Ha ha. I so want to see this build happen so bad. I know the feeling first hand like a ton of other members here. Got to go backwards to go forward, Love that statement lol, Why ? Because it so damn true..... Love the way your thinking on this 4th order. Wires will be a sweet touch like the other things happening to this box. So Jealous still of your Ride bro.

Edited by 2loud4uboyz
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Do not use solid core wire! If you want something rigid, use copper tube or a very low strand count wire but

Do not use solid core wire!!!

Please explain why he shouldn't use solid core wire..
Solid core wire will break after vibrations, it's meant to be installed in a home where it is never subjected to vibration. The wire will crack inside the sheathing. It will ohm out but you will get static and shorts through the speakers, use copper tube much stronger than copper wire, also mug more rigid and will actually hold the bends.

When the solid core wire does finally break, you won't be able to tell, when you ohm it out it will read alright but you won't be able to get any current through the break in the wire.

Been there done that!!! Never again!!!

You make a good point! That's why I was going to make holding brakets for them so they couldn't move. I was thinking the more places I support the wire the less it can move and cause it to break. Just a thought! I've never ran solid core wire on a system! Thanks for the info!

Come on dude. Get to making that box already Ha ha. I so want to see this build happen so bad. I know the feeling first hand like a ton of other members here. Got to go backwards to go forward, Love that statement lol, Why ? Because it so damn true..... Love the way your thinking on this 4th order. Wires will be a sweet touch like the other things happening to this box. So Jealous still of your Ride bro.

Thanks man! The box build starts tomorrow!!!!! But it will have a wood top to start with so I can play around with port configurations! Before it gets the Plexy glass top!!! So the first videos will be with the wood top. I'll be sure to keep the pics coming as I go! Stay tuned in!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Do not use solid core wire! If you want something rigid, use copper tube or a very low strand count wire but

Do not use solid core wire!!!

Please explain why he shouldn't use solid core wire..
Solid core wire will break after vibrations, it's meant to be installed in a home where it is never subjected to vibration. The wire will crack inside the sheathing. It will ohm out but you will get static and shorts through the speakers, use copper tube much stronger than copper wire, also mug more rigid and will actually hold the bends.

When the solid core wire does finally break, you won't be able to tell, when you ohm it out it will read alright but you won't be able to get any current through the break in the wire.

Been there done that!!! Never again!!!

You make a good point! That's why I was going to make holding brakets for them so they couldn't move. I was thinking the more places I support the wire the less it can move and cause it to break. Just a thought! I've never ran solid core wire on a system! Thanks for the info!

Just my advise, use something with 5 or 6 strands doesn't have to be many but just make sure it's not one solid peice have had it fail in cars and in pipe coming from under a house into a fountain. Both same issue, wire reads fine ohms fine, can't put a load through it. When you use it as speaker wire it can create a huge amount of interference, and or hissing or just a random short which was happening to me in my first car.

I don't think you can hold it rigid enough inside a vehicle for it not to be an issue.

Look at the pinned bmw m3 build log (birrillium) some spelling like that... He used copper tube as speaker wires,you could cost them with clear heat shrink if you are worried about touching; it's much stronger than copper wire will hold the shape you want but it won't break like the solid core wire will.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Getting some more work done! Bunch of wiring yeasterday! Now today box build!!!!

11219254_928344830518976_21876172918124911150688_928380207182105_20385597451245011150688_928380207182105_203855974512450

11193336_928330157187110_603252922133186

11204929_928382970515162_400900325230525

Edited by sideshow_kustom

My Boy Jared Gibson from JeefWorx is hooking my box up!!!!!!!!!!! Will be dropping the subs off to him tonight! COME ON SATURDAY!!!!! TEST TIME!!

11109506_1079181902098879_52042487006001

11219525_1079181728765563_55619001587026

11165284_1079181965432206_72478772798630

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Awesome. If you don't mind me asking where in nc are you? I'd love to meet and hear this thing!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2002 chevy avalanche

Currently have:

2 dc xl 18

set of T2652-s

scv-6k

Ct sounds 75.4

270a mechman

xp3000

d3400

Wanted:

saz 200.4

Second set of T2652-s

D3100's

deadner

Awesome. If you don't mind me asking where in nc are you? I'd love to meet and hear this thing!

I'm near Fort Bragg, in Cameron area. Where are you from?