Fuse Holders

I had a ss screw fail on me and came loose, let end of the wire arc on the block, was lucky enough not to damage the battery or alt. Prefer using ring terminal ones now as I haven't had any issues with them.

pgsig.png

I had a ss screw fail on me and came loose, let end of the wire arc on the block, was lucky enough not to damage the battery or alt. Prefer using ring terminal ones now as I haven't had any issues with them.

I had a set screw fuse holder cause some damage and don't use them in my builds.

hmm... this is interesting, im using SS style SHCA ones in my build and so far the only reason I would want to change is that getting wire into them is awkward as all get out when its in a tight space, and also I think the set screws themselves could have been more strategically placed but that's nitpicking. Mind you I haven't had them in long enough to make any complaints about them melting and what not, how do they melt though? unless you have them hanging over the exhaust they seem to be of fairly high quality plastic.

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

I had a set screw fuse holder cause some damage and don't use them in my builds.

If you had a SS type come "lose" or what ever... thats on you

Do you see any board to date, doing nothing BUT SS inserts ????

Show me a 10k board with EYELETS........ just me.

That said, i may swap..

I don't like set screw style but I do agree if it came loose that's your bad.

When I do use them I use loctite and check to make sure they are tight on a regular basis.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I don't like set screw style but I do agree if it came loose that's your bad.

When I do use them I use loctite and check to make sure they are tight on a regular basis.

Its like on amp boards....

you dont need to go ham... if they "come loose".. thats odd...

Other wise you would see NO board maker use them. I dont know what is goin on up above......

that said.. i HAVE seen some SHCA SS type melt the covers... more than once. Maybe its a failure on the part of the person, as i run 12 of them in my ride and have seen nothing..... nothing to note....

And i may still swap to eyelet.... speaking just for me.

Loose connection would cause resistance which equals heat which would be my guess for what's causing the plastic to melt.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

the thing with the bolt kind is that some don't have enough meat on them and they heat up with amperage.. they cant take the load. the round ones tend to have more meat in them.. at least the ones i use do and never gave me an issue. i have had mine in my expo since 2012 and none have worked themselves loose.

actually 2010 when i got back into audio..

Honestly amps should have nice big ring terminal style connections on them too.

Archived