I imagine the shock sensor would mean it was recording every time I had the music up. I'm not competition loud, but there's enough vibration I would think it would constantly feel "impact"

I'd also be interested in seeing some footage from it though. I realized after the last post it says it's always on when the ignition is on anyways.

this is the one that i purchased..

http://www.compustar.com/dash/

and i love it.

:ninja:

Compustar, nice! Can you post us a video from the front/rear cam? Rear cam same resolution? How is night time video? How about the shock sensor activation? It senses impact, and then starts recording? The damage may be done by that point....

Can't post a video from the front or the rear camera but they look wonderful. I have my rear camera pointed inside my car instead of the rear due to how dark my rear tint is. when you are in driving mode it always recording in 1 minute sesions but when it senses impact it will take that recording and put it into a different folder. You have 3 ( driving, parking and events).

i have a nice alarm so by the time they attempt to get anything out of my car i know about it.. and its going to be a very bad fucking day when that happens.

you can also adjust the sensitivity on the camera as well. I have not testing it with music yet but we will see here pretty soon. I look at it as a nice dash cam with an extra security feature not ment to replace a very good 2 way alarm.

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

this is the one that i purchased..

http://www.compustar.com/dash/

and i love it.

Compustar, nice! Can you post us a video from the front/rear cam? Rear cam same resolution? How is night time video? How about the shock sensor activation? It senses impact, and then starts recording? The damage may be done by that point....

Can't post a video from the front or the rear camera but they look wonderful. I have my rear camera pointed inside my car instead of the rear due to how dark my rear tint is. when you are in driving mode it always recording in 1 minute sesions but when it senses impact it will take that recording and put it into a different folder. You have 3 ( driving, parking and events).

i have a nice alarm so by the time they attempt to get anything out of my car i know about it.. and its going to be a very bad fucking day when that happens.

you can also adjust the sensitivity on the camera as well. I have not testing it with music yet but we will see here pretty soon. I look at it as a nice dash cam with an extra security feature not ment to replace a very good 2 way alarm.

I found there's a GPS antenna for it too. This is like an optional upgrade? Doesn't even mention it on their site. Any details on that?

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

• 1 year later...

So what's the word ninja? How'd the compustar hold up with music? I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on buying this thing.

• 3 years later...
On 4/5/2015 at 6:08 PM, reedal said:

I'm looking into dash cams, preferably one that does simultaneous front and back recording. My search has turned up nothing, but I'm hoping someone may know of one that's decent. Also would like one that has a battery to survive when the vehicle is off, but can be charged up when it's running. I'm probably asking for too much, but if I had to choose between the two features, I would take the one with battery life to sustain at least 24 hours without a charge.

Go with a Mini 0906 from BlueSeaSky (also sold under many other brands, but they're basically all the same)

It's a dual camera setup with the main camera/DVR and screen up front and a remote mounted satellite cam that mounts in the rear

It has all the typical dash cam features (1080p front/rear @ 30fps or 60fps if you use only the front camera, MicroSD up to 128GB, GPS, Timestamp, etc., etc.)

It also features a Parking Mode, so when the ignition is turned off, you can set it to either record when there's motion in front of the cameras or record in 2fps and it will automatically speed up the footage  (Benny Hill Mode)

The motion setting works fine for my house in Florida where there's very little movement, however, here in NY, there's always sumthin moving, so it'll constantly record in that setting.

While I'm up here, Benny Hill mode is much more useful (and way easier to review)

The hardwire parking kit comes with an adjustable LVC, so you can set the voltage to where you want the system to shut down so that it doesn't kill the battery.

That being said, these cameras draw very little juice and I've gone weeks without the LVC kicking in.

I have dash cams in all of my vehicles as I simply won't drive without them and have a YouTube channel dedicated to all the random craziness I see on the road on a daily basis (scroll down to "My Dash Cam Videos")

https://www.youtube.com/user/98snakeeater

Here's a video of my getting rear ended a few months ago in my beater

And here's a video parked in front of my shop showing what Benny Hill mode looks like

• 2 months later...

On 5/16/2016 at 8:01 PM, reedal said:

So what's the word ninja? How'd the compustar hold up with music? I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on buying this thing.

I have had my compustar dash cam for roughly 5 years. I have the GPS antenna with it(can't remember if it came with it or not) it's a very nice setup. You can view front, rear, or both simultaneously.  You can set how sensitive the impact sensor is. I had mine turned up all the way and it started recording when I hit small bumps so I run it on 3 now I think. I got mine really cheap because i bought it at the shop i worked at. I highly recommend it. I have also had it in 4 different cars.

Archived