What do the instructions say?

NVM I just read them from the D'Amore site and it says to use bat -

" Connect the CC-1 to an electronic crossover’s outputs by plugging an RCA from the crossover’s outputs to CC-1’s input or use the included harness to connect the CC-1 to the amplifier’s speaker outputs; Red to speaker (+) and Black to battery ground. Note: On some amplifiers the right channel’s output may actually be on the speaker (-) terminal. In this case, connect Red to speaker (-) and Black to battery ground. "

Some amps you must connect both positive and negative cc-1 probes to the positive and negative speaker outputs, other wise you will get no signal.

This goes for the dd-1 as well.

Common for amps with tiffany style rca's on the amplifier or differential inputs.

Several users posted that their dd-1/cc-1 don't work, and they say they have crescendo amplifiers, and doing it the way I said above works, even if its not a crescendo amplifier, due to the negative speaker output on the amp typically being a common ground.

Not going to lie, every time I use my SMD tools, I go straight for the positive and negative speaker output, because I know it works every time, with or without differential rca's.

Some amps you must connect both positive and negative cc-1 probes to the positive and negative speaker outputs, other wise you will get no signal.

This goes for the dd-1 as well.

Common for amps with tiffany style rca's on the amplifier or differential inputs.

Several users posted that their dd-1/cc-1 don't work, and they say they have crescendo amplifiers, and doing it the way I said above works, even if its not a crescendo amplifier, due to the negative speaker output on the amp typically being a common ground.

Not going to lie, every time I use my SMD tools, I go straight for the positive and negative speaker output, because I know it works every time, with or without differential rca's.

on my sundown 1200d I set for 80hz and sundown them self said the spot it was set at looked on the money, but now on my kicker zx1000. 1 80hz on the dial is about where 100hz or better would be I sent the picture to kicker they said no way that's correct . I set both using red to + black to - speaker. The kicker amp is nasty at what the cc1 is setting for 80hz .