Should I Swap My Subaru BRZ (Scion FRS) For An Impreza STI?

So I currently own a Subaru BRZ which I've had for about 6 months which I love. But as anybody who knows these cars know they are a little down on power down low in the rev range particularly. It's in no way to me a slow car but it also isn't going to be slamming you back in your seat with it's acceleration.

Here in Australia you are an L plater for a year where you need a log book and a driver with you then for 3 years you are a P Plater on which you cannot drive any vehicle which makes over 130kW per tonne. I will soon be off my P plates and able to drive any car. I can get a 2008 or newer Subaru Impreza STI for about the same price as my BRZ is worth.

As I said I love my BRZ but would also love more power.. Should I be dropping around $6k on a super/turbo charger on the BRZ or swapping it for an STI?

Would love to hear anyone's opinions who have driven either cars.

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

I guess it depends on what you want to do with them.

BRZ is going to have the edge in handling and track performance, like autocross. Lots of people run FI 86's for track use with a lot of sucess.

If you rally, STI is the obvious choice. The other advantage I would give it is daily driving in bad rain or snow.

If you want to drag race look elsewhere.

If you're just daily driving and street racing, get whatever you want. End result will be the same.

I wish 16 year olds here couldn't get hot rods. Bet that would dramatically reduce accidents.. But I'd go with the impreza. Save some money and if you want drop the 6k into that and have something real gnarly.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

here's what I can say. The WRX/STI is an absolute pig, I'm getting 18mpg driving like a grandma everywhere. It's fun to drive but it sucks having to fill up the tank so often on a overall more expensive car.

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

Yes the BRZ is downright slow, there is no way around it. There's a guy local who had done simple bolt ons and was talking about the niche in the market for these cars. If they turbocharged it I'd listen, but definitely not after spanking him in my stock 2015 Kia Optima SXL (turbo 2.0) but let's face it...I love this car but it's still a Kia. Beat him at 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, from a stop, from rolls at 15, 30, and 45. No point in spending that money on a BRZ if speed is your goal. Move on :)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

There's a chick by me that has a bra and she drives it like a maniac. She always is on the road in the morning when I go to work. I've absolutely embarrassed her a few times with my daily

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived