2009 Pontiac G6 SQ setup on a Budget

Serhal702

Whatsup everyone here my first post on SMD Forums. I recently installed my very first system while on a college student's budget. Please give opinions, criticisms, tips, as well as your own setup and insight!

Here is the rundown:

2009 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan

Pioneer DEH80-PRS: $260 shipped

Morel Virtus 6.5 Components: $280 shipped (like new on ebay)

Precision Power BA1600.4 Class AB 4 Channel: $110 shipped

JL Audio 12w1v2-4: Given to me as as gift

Kenwood KAC-8105D: Given to me as a gift

Belva 1.5^ft3 Prefab Sealed Enclosure: $40 from Sonicelectronix

3 Rolls of 1x25ft of Useal from Home Depot: $55

Installation Accessories, Wires, and Big 3: $80

False Floor: $20

Alternator and Battery: Stock

Total: Approx. $845

All crossovers are active from the headunit. Time alignment and eq were manually set with hours of listening. I have no need for a rear fill. The voltage does not drop below 13.5V when on full tilt, thanks to the DD-1 which a local friend lent to me. Sounds ballistic when playing rock music, and the bass has surprised many people when playing Decaf. I had mister John Webb from Performance Audio in Las Vegas listen to it, and he congratulated me saying it sounded pretty good compared to others especially for my first system.

For me, it sounds pretty damn good. I do have some complaints tho: The Useal absolutely sucks. It melts in the Vegas heat and slides. The sealed sub enclosure might be slightly too big, any tips? My subwoofer amp can handle 500wrms, but Im not sure if my electrical system can handle if I upgrade to a stronger subwoofer possibly a JL 12w3v3 for $185 shipped(any recommendations?). And lastly, If I just build a ported box to manufacturers spec, It recommends to tune to 28Hz?! any help?

I encourage anyone to do their own research and build their own system. It is fun and makes you appreciate your car and actually want to drive it and show people. And TAKE THE TIME to look for good deals. I saved plenty of money on my system by being patient and doing my homework on parts.

So what do you guys think? Please give any tips, and let us know what you have?

Man, your front stage does sound clean af tho...if you want a box made you know where to find me...oh yeah that tar from home depot sucks balls...a lot of topics on here about those....welcome to forum

Man, your front stage does sound clean af tho...if you want a box made you know where to find me...oh yeah that tar from home depot sucks balls...a lot of topics on here about those....welcome to forum

Prince thank you again for your help! You think we can build it together if I get the wood? Someone from JL Audio sent me specs for a box specifically for my trunk if you are down? We could have a few beers and kick it!

Pics ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Prince thank you again for your help! You think we can build it together if I get the wood? Someone from JL Audio sent me specs for a box specifically for my trunk if you are down? We could have a few beers and kick it!

Anytime bro, but that was all you, just gave you the tools to finish it up...but yeah just hit me up whenever you want to build that box...

Awesome to see another G6 build.

Hopefully have some pics soon. I have opened up my doors at least 20 times so kind of tired of doing that but I will get around to it soon.

You still have your mids in the kickpanels? Ive been thinking about doing kickpanels just don't really know if it is worth it or what it will do

Archived