Second Skin Audio

Help with Box design in tahoe

Da-Hoe

Hi everyone I'm New to the forum and need help with designing a new box for my Tahoe. My current setup is a folded or fluted horn with 2 12 dvc 2ohm Alpine type r. Amp is a Kicker cx1200.1 running @ 2 ohm bridged. I recently blew 1 of my subs and since the box is a horn enclosure and i cant access my subs easily it stime to go bigger. So I'm thinking 2 type r 15 dvc 2ohm same amp if it will work. I have done the big 3 or 4 kit, Dual batteries with a 270 amp alt.

My dimensions for this enclosure are 48 inches wide, 38 inches deep and 20 inches high so i dont go above the windows so i can trim it out

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks nice, kinda looks like a Wicked One, is that what it is?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Similar to the wicked one but has more tunnels. Would something like this work for 2 type r 15s? I like the fact that my current box protected the subs so i could still use the cargo area somewhat, but dont really want to do a box again that i cant see whats going on.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/502/1918/1600/IMG00025.jpg

IMG00025.jpg

So this design looks to just be a regular ported box with a bunch of somewhat wasted space, I assume you would mount the subs inverted. Its an interesting idea and should work fine and long as the internal volume, tuning, and port area are appropriate. I can see how it would offer good protection to the subs.

Subs up, port back might perform better though who knows exactly how much real-world difference in performance there would be. I guess you need to decide what your design priorities are.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived