You should really trade me my subs for those L8's :)

i don't think you realize how tempting that is.... i want them in the kicks so bad, but there just isnt room on the drivers side without relocating the hood release, and i don't know where i would relocate it to if i wanted to. The struggle is real. The L8's are the v1's by the way, not the newer v2's. In case that makes a difference.

That's what i'm thinking. i'm just worried that since i want to do a 4-way front stage with the legatia's, that the L6's and L8's are going to have cancellation being crossed at 250hz. I'm planning subs and L8's crossed at 63, L8's and L6's at 250, L6's and L4's at 2k, and L4's and L1's at 8k, giving each driver two to three octaves to reproduce. But if I let the mid-woofers share the same airspace in the doors, will there be cancellation around the crossover point? Or should i put a divider betwen the woofers in the pod, and leave one sealed off, and the other vented into the door? I would presume the L8 playing the mid-bass would benefit more from venting into the door than the L6 playing the low side of the mid-range. I don't want to scratch the goal 5-way active system, but i'm definitely in over my head, and can't figure out which way i need to swim to reach what i want.

yeah, i know :( I just want to give it a shot, tune it up a bit, see how it sounds, and if i'm not digging it, drop it down a mid, and move on. :shrug: i've got the next year almost to figure out what i'm going to do. I'll keep the offer of the Havocs for the L8's in the back of my mind in case you still have them when deployment ends ;)

Nice gear thinking of doing some HAT tweeters with my JL mids

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Thank you. My wallet wishes I had gone a cheaper route, but I think it will be worth it once I can get things moving along. If I find that they can't keep up with my planned substage, then I'll pull it all, grab a processor, and make the wife's car an SQ build with a little extra bump when she wants it.

If I were to get my hands on a helix pro, which has 10 output channels, that would be much easier, and give me better T/A capabilities. But the idea with what I have currently is everything off of the 80prs. Mid and high set to full pass, preouts to cockbox, highs split on one side to the AQ-90.4 which will power the full range and tweeters, mids on the other side of the cockbox split to the two AQ-200.2's, one for the L8's, one for the L6's, all crossovers except for the subs set on the amps using the CC-1, and try to find a middle ground using the 80prs T/A for the mids, combined with gain adjustments in order to dial it in. As for EQ, I leave it set to flat most times, but I should be able to make adjustments if needed without affecting multiple drivers due to the crossover points.

That's the idea. If I'm able to get all speakers in, and I find that it's not working, I'll either feel like coming off of some money for the helix pro, or feel like pulling an amp and mid driver out of the picture completely.

I'd rather try and fail than not try at all. I actually just glued the L6 mounting rings to the kick panels, tomorrow if I'm home early enough, I'll do a little fiberglass reinforcement on the bracing, wrap them in fleece, resin, glass, and set them aside until next year. I've got hope in what I'm planning..