15 minutes ago, bigmacjack said:

happy wife happy life 

I don't know if there is a more true statement than that

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Well, I decided I didn't want to wait until it gets warmer to tear it apart. It's gonna kill me to drive it torn apart, but oh well. I'm tearing it apart so I can get her all cleaned up. I'll reinstall the drivers seat for driving purposes of course. 

9502184E-6783-4082-8109-28D908E1E548_zps

5CACB8C4-8764-4519-BDC2-30A66874F9E7_zps

Just a little bit more to go. Time to tackle that center console after a little lunch. Once that's done, the ceiling and door panels will be next, then I think I'll go ahead and take the dash apart some. Tomorrow I'll vacuum and wipe it down, and then we wait for a warmer day to make applying the deadener a little easier :) 

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Second row captains seats came in. 80A0AC90-62C6-4222-B1C9-A36822A6776E_zps

unfortunately, no plastic trim or covers on the rear, but I think I can order that stuff from GM parts direct or something. Leather shows a little age but that's fine. Couple of scuffs. Comfy. And at the moment, I'm stuffing all of the stuff I bring out of the Tahoe into that corner to the top left of the photo. We don't use the dining room table anyways.

Done for the day. Some of the floor padding was wet on the passenger side under the dash, so I gotta find where that's coming from. Tomorrow, I'll do some vacuuming and cleanup with acetone. Didn't take the doors or ceiling down, so I'll do that tomorrow too. 

7394F9EC-CE3B-41FC-AA61-8D0D8AB12166_zps

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

On 2/3/2017 at 5:44 PM, reedal said:

Done for the day. Some of the floor padding was wet on the passenger side under the dash, so I gotta find where that's coming from. Tomorrow, I'll do some vacuuming and cleanup with acetone. Didn't take the doors or ceiling down, so I'll do that tomorrow too. 

7394F9EC-CE3B-41FC-AA61-8D0D8AB12166_zps

good progress man! 

1 hour ago, bsneon98 said:

good progress man! 

Thanks! 

I know the wiring stuffed in the dash looks really bad, but it's what I had run into the doors/under the carpet, so I needed a place to put it out of the way of the floor so I could lay the deadener. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Wife said I need to get the stuff out of the dining room :p

so yesterday, I spent the day cutting and laying deadener on the floor. I let the beast warm up for a bit and the heat cranked all of the way up to heat the inside up. Wore gloves till I started on the doors. Should have kept the gloves on. Sliced the back side of a finger. Oh well, lesson learned. It sure was hot in there; I was dripping sweat all over the place.

My initial thought of the Second Skin B-stock 40-pounder: it smells very strongly of cats, it weighs more than the SoundQubed Q-mat, but isn't as thick as the Q-mat. Q-mat has more butyl, but Damplifier has much thicker aluminum, which I feel is more important because it will be more rigid than the Q-mat. No, I didn't remove the Q-mat I already have on the doors. I left it and added some damplifier. 

The floor took a huge chunk of my 40-pounder out, plus the little I added to the doors. That left me with 6 or so sheets left. I took them inside and applied it to the underside of my dash. 

Today, I spent the last two or three hours crawling around the floor of the Tahoe glueing down Overkill Pro and applying to the inside of the doors. I've only got a few scraps left, which I will likely piece randomly on the underside of my dash. It's not "pretty" or neat or anything like that in there. I cut it how I saw fit in order to reapply the interior that I put out. I'll take a picture once I come down from the glue fumes high I'm on, even with the doors open. Definitely should have worn gloves and long sleeves for glueing the Overkill Pro to the doors. 

The doors have a double layer on top and bottom of the crossmember that is in the middle of the inner door, and there's a single layer across the floor. I have six sheets of Luxury Liner Pro that I will cut to the shape of the carpet/jute mat (should have thought of that with the Damp pro and Overkill as well for simplicity) to include every bolt/hole that is required. I only hope that everything I put back in still fits after having nearly an extra inch of matting on the floor. 

Ill get a few pictures of what I got going on on the inside soon.

Progress on your build is coming along nicely. Tear downs are a pain but so worth the gains once done. Keep up the good work man.

Damn man, that thing is going to be solid as f...! Great job on deadening! I can't where gloves while applying to the doors, i need to be able to use all my feeler's to get it right. Down side is many many cuts but always worth the blood, sweat and swearing! lol

3 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Progress on your build is coming along nicely. Tear downs are a pain but so worth the gains once done. Keep up the good work man.

Damn man, that thing is going to be solid as f...! Great job on deadening! I can't where gloves while applying to the doors, i need to be able to use all my feeler's to get it right. Down side is many many cuts but always worth the blood, sweat and swearing! lol

Thank you. it's definitely a lesson learned to do sound treatment before any other interior modifcations on any vehicles.

that's exactly why i took them off, so i could make sure i didn't catch any wires or anything associated with the window motors, and as thick and sturdy as the Damp Pro aluminum is, that shit sure does cut easily. The Q-mat aluminum is so thin and malleable, i don't even think i could cut myself on it if i tried.it doesn't stay rigid like the Damplifier when you pick it up in one hand, it just folds over and droops. I'm glad i applied it thick when i put it on the doors.

Yes very good lesson that i know i have learned the hard way and had to keep going back into area's to redo or change up. Glad the damp pro is a great product, some day i will up my game and get some real good deadener like that. Probably when the wife hands down the Malibu and i do 90 percent coverage in the interior.

Keep the pics coming tuned in to see how the progress is going.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1