4 XS D3100's

DC 175.4

DC 90.4

4 DC 5k's

4 m3 lvl 5 15's

Soundrive RCA's

Lots of welding lead & SkyHigh

Team DC AUDIO

Tuned in man. This gave me some motivation to do my doors once I have time.

There's no such thing as time in my life. I just do it before it gets dark after I come home every day.

Good call on the glove box. I'll have to check it. Won't change anything, but it'll be good to know. Did you have to bend your parking brake pedal out of the way? If so, how did you do it?

my parking break worked fine with the pods i made, the hood latch not so much.. had to open the door to pop the hood. the second set of pods i put in, i needed to bend the parking brake a little, i just did it by hand, its was pretty easy. also were did you get your led lights from, you have the same exact setup i have, and i couldn't find them.

Edited by moredbs

Are you venting into the doors ??

No, just a sealed pod. I want to see how it sounds first, and if needed I'll vent into the door. It will be SoundQubed's pro audio mids, with their component level tweeters. Do you think the mid will be better off vented into the doors?

Mine were vented into the door, but I worked hard on sealing up and rattle proofing my doors too. Sounded great.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Are you venting into the doors ??

No, just a sealed pod. I want to see how it sounds first, and if needed I'll vent into the door. It will be SoundQubed's pro audio mids, with their component level tweeters. Do you think the mid will be better off vented into the doors?

Mine were vented into the door, but I worked hard on sealing up and rattle proofing my doors too. Sounded great.

As of now there is zero sound deadening that I have added. It's on my to-do list, but it's not too high priority right now. I know it helps and goes a long way towards better sound, but the ability to have sound is more of my current goal right now. I've only had about two weeks with a temporary full setup since I bought this in April. With it being my daily, the ride to and from work is long and quiet.

Good call on the glove box. I'll have to check it. Won't change anything, but it'll be good to know. Did you have to bend your parking brake pedal out of the way? If so, how did you do it?

my parking break worked fine with the pods i made, the hood latch not so much.. had to open the door to pop the hood. the second set of pods i put in, i needed to bend the parking brake a little, i just did it by hand, its was pretty easy. also were did you get your led lights from, you have the same exact setup i have, and i couldn't find them.

eBay. They're not a direct plug in play as it says in the description. The dome/map lighting was good, but the doors you have to force it into the housing and then get the end to come out, hold it with some needle nose pliers and plug in. Kinda ghetto, and sucks when you have to take them back out, but I hate dealing with returns. I made it work, that's what matters. Or you can sand/grind down the hole for the LED... But I like doing things the hard way. Oh, and if you do get these, if you plug them in and they don't turn on, flip it around, they have a positive and negative side I guess.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281292667933

Edited by reedal
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Well this is what I got done today. Covered in body filler (I'm not very good at that part at all) and a little bit of sanding. I think an oscillating sander is in my future though. Finish it up tomorrow hopefully, prime/paint it.

Can you tell which one was the first? Too much hardener

C9836000-10D3-45A5-A154-471274795B68_zps

First layer dried and sanded, and a second smoother layer

730BD1C4-307F-42D1-8BAA-32C014E85EC3_zps

Time for some Fiber Optic homework

Bought this sander attachment for my B&D matrix drill

A6D100AA-9DBB-48DC-8837-451E067C439A_zps

Sanded the pods down to 240. Still haven't decided what I want to do with them though. They would look better matched to the interior, but I don't care to try wrapping in vinyl or anything, and I kind of want something to offset them from the rest of the tan/beige interior.