I sprayed a couple coats on a scrap piece of wood to test it before I painted my box.....didn't like it and went another route.

*I even used their primer before the couple coats

Edited by magillaru

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

I sprayed a couple coats on a scrap piece of wood to test it before I painted my box.....didn't like it and went another route.

*I even used their primer before the couple coats

Hmm. I'll see if they can demo some of that and other stuff for me whenever I go to check it out. I'll probably go to lowes though. The Home Depot by me is just a small one and doesn't have much stuff

I'm not saying it's bad, it just wasn't what i expected or wanted.

Yeah I get that. I'd just like to see it in person, and don't want to waste $40 on a can of something I don't like.

Raptor liner is good stuff and worth the money. I think that's what ^moredbs used but I've recently seen it first hand and it gives you that texture that you'd expect from a bed liner. Definitely worth the extra money IMO.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Thank you for the advice. I'm still not ready to paint the pods anyways. Need to do a little bit of gap filling. But I do appreciate the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a package today

09774C47-DE04-4C44-AB5E-D146E7119F04_zps

56D59520-BEAE-44DB-9215-A5F5EFDDE352_zps

270A 6 phase hairpin powder coated blue to match the Tahoe, and I'm itching to put it in. But that will be a project for tomorrow.

E03186D0-2C21-48E5-891E-8D10AEA76061_zps

Got a little dog tag shaped keychain

E0F56618-CD08-4605-9064-584350F20421_zps

And everything in the box (no severed head...)

724F518C-C84A-4E8F-9D21-18E8870BE5E2_zps

I've got a couple hours before the sun goes down. I've got a horrendous headache, but I'm going to work on gap filling the pods where they sit in the door panel (thanks mark CAF for the helpful videos). Tomorrow I'll pull the stock alt and belt, put on the new alt and shorter belt and crank 'er up. Ordering the soundqubed pro audios here in a minute too. I'll try to get pictures as I work on it this weekend

Edit: also, SoundQubed is sending my 90x4 back this weekend, hopefully be here next week, and here shortly I'll have tunes in my ride again. Then it's on to box building and sound deadening (as funds are available of course).

Edited by reedal
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

Today's progress:

Pulled the old alternator. Here it is next to the shiny new Singer 270

F70634E2-33B0-48D2-90DB-D6CCB93D79B2_zps

270 installed

EDDEAA14-92E9-4BAB-A0B6-34F7D5ABED1F_zps

Voltage with no load

A1ECE1D2-65F8-4602-ABFB-4C991B93A981_zps

At some point in the near-ish future, I'll snap a pic of voltage at idle with the music full tilt, but not today. Went for a ride to test and full tilt it only dropped to 14.6 (~1.7k rpms). I'm satisfied so far.

Door pods fit good, only one gap that isn't going to be visible so I'm not worried about it. No pics. Need to mount them to the door still but that's after they get some color on them.

Only issue installing the alt I had was the new 3/4inch shorter belt being a bitch to get over the pulley, and the stock charging wire lug was a little small to get on the bolt, started drilling it a little bigger, it caught on the bit and the bit found my finger. No worries, all is good, and more updates will be coming before long. I have a feeling a new box will be in the picture very very soon.... :)

• Like (+1 Rep) 1