Looks good. How do you like the deadener?

It's good in my opinion, but having never used any deadener until today, or any butyl based products at all for that matter, I can't compare it to anything. It was easy to lay on the panel and the outer skin of the door, but the inner skin was difficult due to the components of the power windows. There were no issues with the butyl sticking though (with and without the heat gun, as it stuck to anything it touched. I didn't use my heat gun on the door, just the panels. I think it's a good product

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found your ride, looking good man! What do you estimate in total for sound deadning door panels and floors. Not cost but how many sheets and feets?

HU: Pioneer 4100 NEX
Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-10"
Amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-1bd wired @ 1ohm
Front: Polk Audio Components DB6501
Amp: Pioneer GM A5602 wired @ 4 ohm
Rear: Polk Audio Coaxials db651s
(2) OM-1s, (1) VM-1

Finally found your ride, looking good man! What do you estimate in total for sound deadning door panels and floors. Not cost but how many sheets and feets?

I will have to answer that question when I finish it. I just haven't had time.

Like the carbon fiber alot...

How hard was it to apply?

You'll need a heat gun or hair-dryer, and I'd recommend a staple gun to hold it in place, because I did not do that at first and the heat from summer had it peel back a little bit

• 2 weeks later...

Another little clip.

There isn't anywhere to park and play around me (at least not respectfully) so no full tilt walk around yet. Next time I go to my hometown which is in the middle of nowhere I might whip something up. The best I can do is 45mph+ driving videos for now. I like my little setup, still needs work. I'm lacking on the free time and workspace though. I'll try to update as I go though. Still need to finish laying down the rest of my deadener. I need to finish applying it to the drivers side door, and the rest is going on the roof, and then any left over will go on the rear hatch, then I'll buy more as I need it to cover as much as I can through the entire vehicle. Thanks for looking ;)

So I happened upon this clean blue beauty and for a price of almost half of all the others of similar year and mileage, I snatched it up.

7CF98FE0-CC14-4260-9102-1DD220371F86_zps

AE6CDC98-C998-4DE1-AE6C-4736A7A4648B_zps

53EA0689-E88A-4B91-ADF1-B93EFEDA5455_zps

74B2A6FF-27E5-4869-9877-8ED078913533_zps

My build plans with it are to move my current system from the explorer into this since i will no longer own the explorer in a short time. The equipment being:

HU- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Subs- Two SoundQubed HDS312D2's

Amps- SoundQubed Q1-3500.1; AudioQue 90.4

Mids & Highs- CDT CL61A

Wires- All Sky High 1/0, RCA's, 12ga speaker wire

Power- Haven't decided on an alt yet, gotta contact singer, see what he's got. I don't think I'll go with anything over 300A on the alt. I'll have a D3400 under the hood, and I've got a D4700 i had bought for a cruze that I'll keep by the amps.

Hopefully I can get started on transferring it all this weekend. I've got duty saturday so i'll have all day sunday to knock it out. The only things that need bought are the D3400 and the alt. I'll post pictures as i go through the install.

edit: fixed the pictures

Very clean looks great!

• 1 month later...

Haven't done much lately for anyone looking at this. I threw some deadener on the roof (no pics :( ) it was a bit of a bitch to get the headliner back up. I had a buddy but he's more of a spectator than a helper. but I hope the deadener will help the crazy roof rattle. I can't stand it, so we'll see. My ship is going underway for five weeks, so I won't be on much if at all after next week