I received my PAC LC-1 today. Still haven't received the stuff from SHCA yet (next day shipping, expected delivery date still shows January 5th, but nothing yet from good ole USPS ;)) I decided that even though I'm going to redo my doors and put the tweets in the A-pillars, I'll mess with my T/A and EQ some so I can enjoy it a little better before I make those changes. An hour and change later I think I'm happy with it. The 80PRS has two "custom" EQ settings to personalize, so I made one that is meant for max volume level and one for lower volume with less bass (AKA my version of "SQ"). It sounds good to me. Unfortunately during the process of this I discovered that my passenger side tweeter is damaged. It's a little scratchy on some notes, no matter the volume. But oh well, it'll be replaced one day.

I was wondering what you, or anyone with this style tahoe did about the black plastic piece above the tail light, that rattles like hell?

I'll have to find a place to park and play to see if I have that rattle or not.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

My wiper jumps like a bitch but I could fix that, those pieces I don't know what to do. Even low levels it rattles

Haha yeah I know what you mean about the wiper. I don't recall the vent caps ever rattling though from the few times I have walked back there. Maybe yours are just loose? This is the removal steps, but you'll get the idea of how to tighten it

http://tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=8529

• 2 weeks later...

So I got the stuff in from SHCA. Wire reducers, speaker wire, primary wire, some lugs and heat shrink, and RCAs. 51F3CE36-22D6-4262-B491-B5D76FC6DE31_zps

Also bought an LC-1 so I can adjust the subs more simply than using the 80prs controls three menus in.E4B0D6C7-197A-471E-9212-1DF9183746B8_zps

And I figured what better place to mount that eyesore than somewhere the entire thing will not be seen, but just the potentiometer? Don't mind how dirty the plate looks.74568D07-0F17-4AED-975B-FADF234C4809_zps

I think it looks alright inbetween the VM-1 and OM-1

Haven't done any wiring runs or anything like that yet, it's just too cold. I'm trying to fight through the cold in order to replace my brake fluid, fuel filter, and fix my hydro boost, but the struggle is real.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I have a quick question about your body filler technique.

Are you cleaning your applicator/spreader before starting to apply the filler? It looks like your either using a jagged edge to apply the filler, OR you're still spreading after it's starting to set up.

Smooth, deliberate strokes is all you need to apply that stuff. Have you ever seen someone that does bodywork apply it in person?

I love the build btw, I can't believe this is the first time I've seen it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I have a quick question about your body filler technique.

Are you cleaning your applicator/spreader before starting to apply the filler? It looks like your either using a jagged edge to apply the filler, OR you're still spreading after it's starting to set up.

Smooth, deliberate strokes is all you need to apply that stuff. Have you ever seen someone that does bodywork apply it in person?

I love the build btw, I can't believe this is the first time I've seen it.

i was trying to spread it some after it started to set. But no I've never seen anyone apply filler before.

Thank you. It's not all that great as far as quality of work goes, but with every mistake I make I learn how not to make it again when the time comes to do it again.

Part of the problem is the crappy 3M Bondo. You'd spend less going to an auto body supply shop and buying an Evercoat Z grip filler or U-Pol Gold or something similar.

If you could find someone to show you how they mix filler and apply it, I think it would help your future projects greatly.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Part of the problem is the crappy 3M Bondo. You'd spend less going to an auto body supply shop and buying an Evercoat Z grip filler or U-Pol Gold or something similar.

If you could find someone to show you how they mix filler and apply it, I think it would help your future projects greatly.

Thank you, I'll try one of those out for when it's warm enough to do my doors again. What about rage gold? There's a Mobile Solutions store local to me which I believe carries it? I know a lot of people used to rave about it, but like most trendy things, it comes and goes.