Beauty of those speakers is amazing. Gonna have a killer front stage when it done. Dash and gauges look great. Keep up the great work.

Thank you! I can only hope to have my front stage look and sound as good as yours and many other members do. I have a lot of work to do in order to get it there. My next "major" purchases will be everything needed for proper deadening, which should have been my first step when I bought the Tahoe.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Beauty of those speakers is amazing. Gonna have a killer front stage when it done. Dash and gauges look great. Keep up the great work.

Thank you! I can only hope to have my front stage look and sound as good as yours and many other members do. I have a lot of work to do in order to get it there. My next "major" purchases will be everything needed for proper deadening, which should have been my first step when I bought the Tahoe.

Your welcome, Having that equipment would be way exciting to fab shit up for cause you know its gonna sound killer. And YES, if you had the sound deadening you could be working on it now. Prepping for shit down the road, the flow of progression. I am slow but i still get shit done. lol

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

This is late (considering it's been almost two weeks since I put the meters in, but here's a video of them at work.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

So, I figured I could try and get started on the A-pillars a little. So I decided to make a template for the L1pro tweeter and the L4 full-range. I'm using some 1/2" MDF I have left over from the very first time I tried to make door pods last year around this time.

7989C2DA-FB9E-42A6-A82A-B23B572F233E_zps

I used my router and a 1/4" shank bit to cut everything out freehand, and as you can tell, it's rough ;) but it will do, and is fixable when the time comes. I have a lot of sanding to do before then

52BCCC33-7DAF-4AA3-9E84-C3E4CD8FDE5B_zps

F0087B34-C1EB-4BE2-8D99-F6E22319373C_zps

So, time to get to sanding and make it look pretty, then copy it, and I think I'll stick with using my router to cut the holes for the speakers, but use my jig saw to cut the template out

A little sanding around the outer edges, and here is a much nicer looking product.

38722926-88EF-4A50-8B39-B0146FC7EF93_zps

Tomorrow I will make the second one. Tonight, I am done. Too late to use power tools anymore

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Do you have a circle jig?

I do. I just wanted to give it a shot free hand.

I pulled out the jasper jig, switched to 3/4 birch ply, and went to work. Look a little better Sierra? (Haven't sanded the outside down yet

DE161B1C-0735-4E20-AECD-AFA6B0358FB4_zps

Only downside to my jasper jig is that it doesn't have increments that meet the dimensions of the HATs, so I cut the circles small, then sanded down with my dremel until I had a fit.