Here's a quick pic of the kicks I started for the L6's.

1BB79399-9B14-45A5-BFA8-C2D2525C59E0_zps

118ED1ED-880B-4CC2-A3B8-4E8AF5F30279_zps

I think I'm going to take that fleece off, and stretch the Lycra that dolarbilz sent to me. 

Once I glass them, I'll leave them there while I figure out the placement of the L8's in the doors. If I don't like the combo of the L6/L8 due to T/A issues, or whatever else, then I take the L6's out and put the stock kicks back in place. Simple.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

no progress update at this time. I won't get much done until the summer due to the ship's schedule. I will say that the wife and I are going to buy our first house this summer, so I won't be buying the four 15" havoc's like I want until next year probably. I sold the HAT L1pro's and bought some L1v2's from Scott Welch (audiointensity.com). in a week or so, I should be finishing up some sanding on the pillars. I decided I'm going to herculiner the enclosure for the HDS312's, and i'll get some SEM to color match the pillars, kicks, and door pods to the OEM interior. I know it won't look factory, but I think color matching will help it stick out less, which is good since this is my DD.

As far as bad news goes, my CompuStar Dash won't power on. When I bought it, it came with a different power harness than the normal one, so I'm hoping its just a protection circuit that won't let it use that. New (factory) harness arrived the other day from compustar, so i'll try it, and hopefully not have a useless dash cam.

I get a evap leak code every time I reach a half tank of gas, so I think I need to get a smoke test done. interwebs say filler neck mostly, but I'm not going to shoot from the hip on this one.

Mostly just posting this because I'm underway and don't have anything to occupy my time. All threads read, facebook has nothing new, and I'm trying not to look at things I can spend money on.

Thanks for looking at my learning experiences. :)

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Right on man, congrats on getting a house this summer. It will make your life better, especially if it has a garage. Tuned in for finished kicks, doors & a-pillars. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went out of town for a wedding, dropped the Tahoe off Thursday to get some suspension and steering work done. New control arms, tie rods, wheel bearings, idler and pitman arms, shocks front and rear, and rear coil springs. Definitely put a hurting on the budget, but this week is supposed to be nice and warm so I may get a little fiberglassing in. Hopefully. We'll see.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Maintenance sucks but break-downs are worse.  All good in my book. :good:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Man I need to all the things you just listed. 

Pioneer 80PRS

4 Scan Speak discovery 4" full rage

2 Ampere Audio 6.5 Comp sets

3 Singer 370 Hairpin's

1 Odyssey g78/34-P1500

6 DieHard Platinum Marine g31

4 XS D3100's

DC 175.4

DC 90.4

4 DC 5k's

4 m3 lvl 5 15's

Soundrive RCA's

Lots of welding lead & SkyHigh

Team DC AUDIO

13 minutes ago, DavidClark said:

Man I need to all the things you just listed. 

It definitely rides a lot better with all of these new parts. Moog and billstein. Ended up being about $2500 after parts and labor. I've had the parts sitting around waiting for install since a couple months before deployment ended. That $1700 labor bill definitely makes me want to hurry up and be rid of this apartment so I can pull the Tahoe apart with no issues from management

• 3 weeks later...

Smallest progress update ever.

i finally got around to working on my pillars. I can't take credit for the glassing or anything. I bought these off of someone else, sanded the paint down, and now I'm doing a little filling in some small spots where the body work and edges were damaged when it arrived. Once I'm satisfied I'll use the SEM paint I bought which is a medium gray. The current color you see is from primer filler to see what spots need work.

76EAEBC7-4954-4450-BE2F-779F6CB45259_zps

• Like (+1 Rep) 3