Replaced AC finally, so it’s nice to have cold air blowing on me when I want it. Put some blue vinyl tape on my bow tie B6AFFA19-5531-4B14-94DA-98CDAFDC11DD.thumb.jpeg.b45f8f39216d760dcf4e5def432426d8.jpeg

had the sticky vinyl tape for a while, grabbed it off of eBay, just never got around to putting it on. I wanna put audio back in, but every time I think of all of the sanding involved I get discouraged. Bout to leave real soon for deployment again, so maybe when I come back I’ll stop being a whiny bitch and start glassing and sanding again. We’ll see. Gotta divide my time between this, repairing the harley from my wife wrecking it, and making home improvements to make it a little more how we want it. I’ve got thirty years to make it mine though, so we’ll see ?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 6 months later...

been talking with XS, about to pull the trigger on 4 banks of caps that way they're standing by when I get home, and then I'm gonna work on getting some Havocs  I don't really want to go through and update all of the pictures to get rid of the photobucket trash, but I will try to find some time when I am back in the states and able to. This build will be revived!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

52 minutes ago, reedal said:

been talking with XS, about to pull the trigger on 4 banks of caps that way they're standing by when I get home, and then I'm gonna work on getting some Havocs  I don't really want to go through and update all of the pictures to get rid of the photobucket trash, but I will try to find some time when I am back in the states and able to. This build will be revived!

Looking forward to the progress man.  Where are you stationed?

BTW, theres a Chrome plugin that allows you to see PB pics.  

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?hl=en

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

On 4/10/2018 at 6:06 PM, WalledSonic said:

Looking forward to the progress man.  Where are you stationed?

BTW, theres a Chrome plugin that allows you to see PB pics.  

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?hl=en

I'm on USS Monterey.

Thank you for your service man. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

• 2 years later...

I know a lot of my pics uploaded were photobucket, so I dont know how much of the old stuff is visible, but I'm getting started on this thing again. Tore it all out back in 2017 in preparation for a rebuild, and never did anything after. 

So, to get started, I did some clean up behind the dash, and for temporary tunes I put the stock bose amp and speakers back in. What a waste of time that was, because the two front door speakers dont work, and with just the rear doors and D-pillar speakers (didnt put the A-pillar tweets or the center console woofer back on) it sounds like crap. I still want to put the HAT legatia 8's in the front doors, and I have decided if I want to put the HAT legatia 6's in the kicks or the rear doors. I'm leaning towards the kicks, and then if I dont like it I'll throw them in the rear doors. Still going to do the HAT L4's and L1's in the A-pillars. 

My center console panel that has the SMD VM-1 and OM-1 in it was looking rough, so I pulled it and am using some spot filler to clean it up, here's what I've got so far. Need to do a little more sanding where the paint was chipping by the accessory outlets. Screenshot_20200616-063415_Gallery.thumb.jpg.71cedc63dcc0826b2346ab17a435ae7b.jpg

Once everything is smoothed out, just gonna paint it black again and hopefully that will be the last time I have to mess with it.

I also need to redo the sound deadening in my front doors, and add some to the rear doors. The front doors, roof, and rear hatch were done with the SoundQubed Q-Mat four or five years ago, and I've kind of regretted it since. It was gooey and messy straight out the box, and each year it just makes a bigger mess because that shit is melting any time it gets 80⁰ or higher outside. It's not gonna be fun, and it's going to take a while. It's supposed to rain every day till next monday right now, so that will be the earliest I can get started on pulling/scraping that muck off. Then I'll get some more second skin like I did for the floor. I'll do before and after pictures of the removal process, but given how messy this stuff is, I can't guarantee any pics during.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Slow progress being made, which I guess is good since I'm taking my time and not worried about rushing through. 

20200624_120000.thumb.jpg.e20bbff695992b792741d1a2f09f8c0a.jpg

I used JB Weld Plastic Welder to hold the meter din in place of the cutout, sanded the excess down in the front. More sanding and a little bit of 3-M gold filler to come.