31 minutes ago, reedal said:

It was a complete bitch. I will never attempt to pull it and put it back up by myself ever again. I struggled with it for an hour before I finally got it back up once I realized I didn't have enough for everything. 

I feel for ya man. Super bitch by yourself and you had all the room in the world with the interior out. Even my Lancer was a bitch, especially getting it in and out of the car alone. Plus you don't dare fuck it up! I plan to strip the Malibu one day and do the good stuff like you did. Someday! lol 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Bought some PIAA 880's for the fogs (so now I have PIAA's for highs, lows, and fogs) and a fleece all lights on module to replace the cheap method, which was a diode connecting the relays. 

038178C0-8044-4324-BE53-7CA2ABFC0C8A_zps

CF94A0B8-9FFD-40BF-903A-721FD1D318A7_zps

i need to align the fogs still, so no pictures of the fogs and all lights on until I get that done.

also, I've had a "Service Brake Booster" message ever since I installed my singer 270A alt back in June of 2015. All of the research said it was the SBA (supplemental brake assist) causing it. I verified it had ground on the connector where it was supposed to, and power coming in where it was supposed to. I finally got a replacement SBA, and I still have the message. So I guess I'll run it to a stealership and have them diagnose it and then I'll do the repair.

Edited by reedal

On 2/11/2017 at 0:02 PM, Karkov said:

I REALLY wanna know how much that quiets it down....can't wait for the thorough review, lol

After driving around for a few days (no stereo equipment installed yet) it's a pretty quiet ride. The only thing I hear is the wind against the windows, and a small amount of engine noise, which I'm sure would be quieted if I had done the firewall. I'm satisfied with the results of all of the noise dampening I installed. Time to get to work on reinstalling the stereo equipment.  

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

This showed up the other day

7400E10D-E9EA-4E47-8B40-62DF847E42CB_zps

DC Power Inc. Triple alt bracket

554DF66A-E185-4E9F-9FEA-928EEAA470D7_zps

And two SMD quad ANL fuse holders

BC0402B9-8E22-4BF3-AD52-1A12C0B4913E_zps

and I'm about to go take the front door panels off again and tape them up and get my base mold for the door pods.

2 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Hell ya man, progress is coming along nicely. I hope you have better luck with the light bulbs than i did. Tuned in for more work, dual alts will be the shit man!

So far they're holding up great. Been almost a year now on the high and low beams. I had a slight issue with tony c's HRK5 kit, and learned that my factory body/frame grounds aren't good anymore, so I need to upgrade those. He says it's common on GM vehicles for the body grounds to fail and no longer be grounds. 

My wife hates how much time I spend working on the Tahoe, because I'm always changing something, but she understands it's what I like doing. I try to only do it while she's not home though.

9 minutes ago, reedal said:

So far they're holding up great. Been almost a year now on the high and low beams. I had a slight issue with tony c's HRK5 kit, and learned that my factory body/frame grounds aren't good anymore, so I need to upgrade those. He says it's common on GM vehicles for the body grounds to fail and no longer be grounds. 

My wife hates how much time I spend working on the Tahoe, because I'm always changing something, but she understands it's what I like doing. I try to only do it while she's not home though.

Right on man, glad there holding up on you. My Lancers always in the garage ready to work on but i do the same. Work on it when my wife is gone most of the time too. 

I haven't spent anymore time on the pods since I started them last week, so I decided that since I was stuck on the ship today for duty, and I didn't have night watch, I'd bring them and my dremel in and get rid of the excess glass and make them sit flush inside of the factory grilles. 

9938F6BC-E7BA-43A6-B53A-652E8060300B_zps

Couple of air bubbles inside that one, thought I got them all good with my roller, but oh well. They're both pretty solid and layered. Sometime this week/weekend I'll see how they sit in the doors, and I'll drill a couple holes and either glass or glue some bolts for mounting into place. Once that's done, it'll be time to angle the speaker rings where I want, glue them into place, then stretch some cloth and glass it for strength, a little (ha!) body work, and paint. Or maybe I'll bedline them to hide my horrible bodyworking. We'll see.

Speaker grill molds fit, a little extra room on the outside edges, so I'll probably fill that in when the time comes. Still need to drill mounting holes and glue rings to them. I'm dragging on it.

FE35908C-4F73-4414-AFF2-D0351CC7CFE5_zps

Installed my Compustar Dash cam. Quality looks pretty good playing it back on it's small screen, not sure how it comes out yet when it gets stretched on a computer screen. Only thing left is to tap into a constant power source instead of the cigarette adapter that comes with it.

E11A4888-BF38-4C6C-9D1B-1F38E46CC8B8_zps

This was a tight fit. I need to take it back out and take an angle grinder to that mounting bracket for the cross-brace 

9C5AF6C2-A30B-400D-91A2-E36C3E2FAC2E_zps

And my upgraded body grounds so my HRK5 from Tony Candela will work properly again.

F5689FC4-7563-476D-BA73-478F4EA5E16A_zps

• Like (+1 Rep) 3