A little bit of Big Oki´s Home-Cinema...

and another 3D update (with the new computer) to bring the visualisation a bit closer to reality :)

(long time it looked vice versa...)

also, together with a good friend, we adjusted the subphase settings of the dsp and now its

really really close to the end setup. it just added more fun to listen to it and feel it...

11083795_10153131051846708_1017175616152

11134112_10153131194486708_7927392661666

11174731_10153131194556708_1087966966272

11149626_10153131194551708_7728201134761

Üüüühh!!!

Michael tongue.gif

www.SQPL.de Rulez!

that looks like it is worth flying in to see...AND hear!! man i wish i could handle a flight like that or i would. That shit is so nice!!!

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Great now I need reconstructive surgery because my jaw dropped so much it broke off.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

as most see, i am constantly working on that room, as i work on my cars. always room for improvement while it is still close to perfection...(in my ears and eyes). hope some get some ideas and motivation too. such a room can help you over the problems you have to deal with day in and day out. and it doesnt matter is its driven by house high speakers and tons of subs. it has to give you a good feeling. and as times goes by, it grows and becomes better.

even if i had the cinema stuff for a long time (bought the Infinity´s back in 1994 and strokers in 1993, before i had jbl 1500GTI, what i still use), in THAT room i used little shelf boxes from (what i still use of course for surround and main speakers in the other room) and a small bandpass with a Rockford Fosgate RFA108 sub inside. that little thing was used til about half a year ago and is now my computer sub. even if some people laughed at me when i told them i use a single 10", i was proud of that thing and i still like it and probably never sell it (i built it almost 20 years ago and sold it to a (REALLY NICE) girl and bought it back from her when she changed the cars and couldnt fit it in anymore)...

the strokers came by step by step, and as mentioned before, i still need 4 18S4 or 18D2 to have all 16 in the same impedance. til that i need to adjust the 4KW for same output on

every stroker. that means, i have on one 9.0 stereo channel up to 16 ohms to drive, what reduces the output power to really small wattage numbers. but i dont use many watts

anyways in there. most people think i do hairtricks all the time in that room, but i dont. i like the very first 1-2 millimeters of excursion from the strokers. that fills the room with

that special sound i love. you dont even recognize that amount of speakers. sure i turn it up with music sometimes, or if movies contain explosions, but that are just peaks.

basically my power supply what i use is a good one what delivers clean power with no audible distortions or noise. it CAN deliver about 45 amps, but if i switch on all 5

amps i use so far, it draws about 12,5 amps of current in idle. usually at the level i am listening/watching movies, it peaks up to 14-18 amps. i use just one northstar nsb90

at the moment because i found out it is way enough. when turning it up its still so loud you dont want to be in all the time. and of course the outside of the "brick house"

is ratteling way earlier. and it is a totally different listening than sitting in my ~160db TÜRANN pressure chamber. but you dont even have the need for that.

if i would need it, i easily can add up to one zapco 9.0 to EACH stroker and add a ton of batteries. but i will not be able to listen louder than now.

it just would need more current to waste. sure, there would be maybe an improvement of sound and control, what i may test one day, but the difference will

be very small. i can think of adding another 4KW and make a 4 ohm bridged setup where one 9.0 will drive 4 18" strokers. but before i dont have

the other 4 needed subs, i will not do that. the amps are here anyways :) and i will need about 5 amps more idle current draw, what i MAY acceppt then :)

the most limiting factor is the power output of the adcom amp what is connected to the mid high section of the Kappa 9a´s. it gives out about 50-80 watt each channel. that

sounds low in words, but sounds high when you hear it. for sure, a live concert is louder, but its still so loud you can damage your hearing with! the studios give out

around 300-400 watts each side and give you a kick in the stomach like a live drumset you stand in front of. ok, a drumset is a BIT harder, but i wirk on that :)

the adjusting of everything, what is still in progress too, took forever. with all FIR filter things, the time delays, the distances in the room according to my viewing distance and and and...

i needed to have SAME subs in fornt and back for that "system" of double bass array and had to learn it the hard way :) but even if you place one sub on each of your corner,

and turn the phase 180 degree, without seperate time delay settings, it will help you to improve your sound. thats an easy and quick and cheap way, despite the fact

that you have to have 4 subs of the absolut same kind. but the funny thing is: even if they are small and cheap, they give you more output and sound experience that putting

bigger subs just in front of you. just try it out. but if the system is right AND the subs are better...well ;)

ok, long blabla form me like always. have fun with your doings and never stop learning! I also developed my own "cinema/ and home hifi rules" during the years

and i am in a constant battle wit other "experts" or "industrial standards" what i dont agree with. so it may is not impossible to hear some folks talk bad about

my doings bc they just have other priorities and experience...

ps. i even used some SMD gizmos for helping me do some settings in the cinema like the CC1 when i used internal crossovers in amps what are not digital adjustable

ps2

11162467_10153150407056708_2790404664425

i met mr. zeff back in 2004 at the CES (on the picture in 2008, together with bill wadell and john borges, the year i visited steve and made the "sprinkler" video lol). by that time, 2004, i owned 30 C2K 9.0XD amps and he made big eyes

and couldnt believe it. (gave me an autograph then lol). now i own 50 of them and really need to meet him again haha. plus i use his studio 500 and other stuff...

if he will be proud? i dont know, but at least he will smile a little ;)

Üüüühh!!!

Michael tongue.gif

www.SQPL.de Rulez!

Archived