Parts are as follows:

Head unit & Processing:
Pioneer AVH-X2800BS
MiniDSP w/ 2 Way Advanced plugin

Mids and Highs:
Dayton Audio Designer 6-1/2" Woofers
Dayton Audio "Silkie" Tweeters
Dayton Audio 2.5khz -12dB 2-Way Crossovers
Supplemntal custom crossovers on Silkies, making the effective rolloff 3.2khz @ -20dB

Sub Stage:
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Breakin Box - Reusing an old ported box for a 15". Roughly 2.5ft^3 Sealed.

Amplifiers:
Pioneer 8604 (100x4, CEA cert.)
Pioneer 9601 (1200x1, CEA cert.)

Electrical:
XS Power D3400
Stock alt. Singer 250 en route.
All KNU wiring and fuses
2 runs of 1/0

Vehicle Info:
03' Trailblazer LT (Dark Gray Metallic)
K&N Intake
Bridgestone Alenzas
dGdfeuF.jpg

Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense.

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Designer 6.5"s & Silkie tweeters
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

A dayton build. definatelty interesting. tuned in

• 6 months later...

The install is at the stage where i have a temporary amp rack, everything is hooked up, and the daytons are amplified. 2 runs of 1/0, a dedicated ground and positive. Will be making a temporary box soon to break in the Ultimax.

The fronts are on a 2500hz 12dB 2 way dayton crossover network, with an additional 4000hz 12dB impedance normalized crossover network for the silkies. Rears are running completely active.

Considering what i have in it so far, it sounds great. The silkies are articulate and precise. The designer 6.5"s have great polar response, and the bass reproduction is insane considering the drivers are basically being ran IB. A coworker was certain i had "2 12"s on 1000w", so that's pretty cool. All in all, i'm really impressed with the dayton stuff.

Expect updates and images/video soon. In the meanwhile, here are a few random shots from along the way. Dayton silkie with a ruined dome for scale.

2HMzRnt.jpg
QaDbigc.jpg
Y6rWuiv.jpg

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

Low quality android phone audio, but you get the idea. Trying to establish a starting point. No active processing, just passive components.

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

Nice Ride

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Considering how small this box is and how underpowered the sub is, i'm super pleased. Already have the high-output box designed in my head, will keep my eye on the weather. This isn't my first expensive sub, but it's my first 18", and i'm blown away. It's so much louder than my old ascendant 12"s on 1.6kW. Dying to get it into a better box.

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

Darn, sorry to hear about the misfortune, looked like you had a well thought out plan. Hopefully you can still get there. Tuned in.

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

• 3 months later...

So, progress has halted. Got a girlfriend, so i've been dropping most of my system money on that whole courting thing. One significant change though, i installed a fingerprint and dust magnet!
yy9s6tK.png

I'm happy to have a screen instead of a big dial now, but i swear they must rip the processor out of a casio calculator watch to build these. I've use faster $30 android phones. Another thing... I had NO IDEA pioneer change the pinout of their harnesses based on the functions of the unit. My beautiful loomed and heatshrunk harness had to be hacked up just to get this thing to power on, and for some reason i can't apply the firmware update either. It's going to be my first and last low-end touchscreen head unit.

I also spent roughly the equivelent of a set of high end midwoofers on a little black box, which arrives today. I plan on making a little how-to for the Auto-EQ function. That's all on the update front.

N757Mfd.png

Ultimax is still in the tiny break-in box. The new box has been designed, just waiting for it to not be 20deg or rainy out. 8GA, direct leads, anderson connectors. Bedlined. UV treated birch (1/3 weight of MDF). Should turn out pretty dope, i'm predicting it will be audibly flat from 30-55hz with -6dB at 25hz and -12dB at 20hz, which is pretty rad. Here's hoping for sunnier days soon, i REALLY need to push some air and make thing wobble.

I don't have access to a Termlab or anything similar, so i'm going to see how much power is required to reach 115dB with it on the UMIK, then peg the amp, do some calculations, and hopefully come up with a ballpark dB figure somewhere in the +/-1.5dB range. I'm hoping it takes less than 5 actual watts into the driver to reach 115dB, or my goal will be out of reach with this amplifier. I'm expecting mid-to-low 140's, which i'm okay with for a cheap 18" and a small form factor "2400w" Pioneer amp.

Box will be 5.7ft^3 @ 29hz. 15* slope on back to match the contour of the rear seating to maximize airspace while still allowing me an ample amount of cargo room. Needless to say, whoever sits there will receive some good vibrations.

VfEnKls.jpg

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

Archived