What type of silicone is that? Didnt think of using weatherstripping on my aero port, will do on my next enclosure.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

What type of silicone is that? Didnt think of using weatherstripping on my aero port, will do on my next enclosure.

Just some regular black silicone, nothing special. The weather stripping was a great idea, it presses real thin so if you overlap to make sure it seals your fine.

Have a few pics and a short video coming. We hooked his sub up to my amp to give it some quick power, and boy. Does it move some air on 500 watts. Can't wait to see what it does on 5k.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I always knew this chair would come in handy some day!

20150524_120146_zpsapnulo4a.jpg

Where the box will sit in the car, will make boards to sit flush with the front wall of the box.

20150524_121230_zpsqwcs9w1v.jpg

Well, when I tightened all the nuts on the inside, some moved on the outside, and I guess this one terminal didn't even solder well either. So, re-solder!

20150524_121500_zpslrgoruc6.jpg

20150524_121508_zpsdpjkozbc.jpg

Doing a little test. Wanted to make sure sub played obviously, and too. My buddy was so damn antsy and anxious about this. I just want him to get a quick glimpse. I powered it off of my AQ750.1 @ 1 ohm. The main thing I couldn't believe. In my car, my sound system drains the living shit out of my electrical. I can only play usually a quarter to half gain on most songs before I have to cut back. With his sub wired up, this thing is so efficient that I could go absolutely full tilt on a lot of songs without having to worry about voltage. The only times it did drop bad was anything under 30hz. But to say the least, it moves some fucking air. It does sound a little funny at the moment on higher notes. Right now I want to chalk that up to be resonance coming from the trunk and interfering with the waves coming from the sub and port. I don't have that much experience to say what else it could be. The box is actually tuned to around 37.5Hz according to Precision Port's tuning calcs. So that fact I could reach down to the 2nd to last note in hoods run down with a brand new stiff suspension, and 37Hz tune, is pretty dank.

20150524_123805_zpsgfooj1m8.jpg

I thought it's supposed to imbed itself but can't figure it out.

http://vid67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/sparklz01/Mobile%20Uploads/20150524_124545_zps8dvcr4li.mp4

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Getting those wires ready!

20150524_143321_zpsgn26f7vj.jpg

Amp looks so smexy

20150524_143413_zpszfklhvul.jpg

What a mess

20150524_143420_zpsrax9m8oc.jpg

ready for powa

20150524_143438_zpstu3fr8ko.jpg

Started to rain while we where finishing up.

20150524_145904_zpsap4srntf.jpg

After several full retard moments due to me. It was tuned with a DD-1 at -7.5. I want to take it down to -5. A few songs got smelly and we only slammed them shortly, and the woofer was pretty fucking warm. As well, it bottom out only once or twice. I have still yet to set the gain. While driving, didn't see below 13v on this electrical. Which is good. I also believe, this amp, just might be a tad to much for this woofer. So if that is the case. We will keep it the way it is, and slam away until something changes down the line. I must say, I looked at precision ports website to see what the ports I have are tuned to. We are around 37.5Hz, and damn, this thing has no problem getting to 30. It does sound a bit weird though, some songs in my car seem to hurt the ears, while we couldn't find anything to do that in his car. Now I know I have 2 15's, and he has 1. But come on, I have 2 IVX's with like 11mm of xmax each where as he has more xmax than both mine combined, and nearly x8 the power. I know we still need to seal the trunk but that just seems off to me.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Shitty video. If you pay attention you can see the roof flexing pretty good. If we get some good sun tomorrow, I will do some walk around videos.

http://vid67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/sparklz01/Mobile%20Uploads/20150524_173826_zps2zj0zsk5.mp4

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

this is just a guess here

but im gonna say that the high notes sounding odd is from the box moving while playing

I can see it slidin all over while you guys are drivin on you PB video

also please make a youtube so I can creepily stalk your vids on there, thanks

:good:

oh and this thing looks like it will be a good SOTM nomination when its done, tell your buddy!

Since it's not sealed off try turning the box around and facing the sub and ports to the rear.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Since it's not sealed off try turning the box around and facing the sub and ports to the rear.

Plan is to seal off though, I actually was thinking of testing it out for shits and giggles, but I don't want my back to break to just flip it around. Will start working on the seal off the rest of this week and weekend. My buddy did make an account I believe, I will let him know about that contest and that some people are interested.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm