Sundown Audio

Brazil vs. Korea vs. "'Merica". SPL round.

TaylorFade

Since I was bench testing the Banda ICE 4000, I decided to pit it against some similarly sized amps. In case you missed the bench test you can review that here...http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197283-my-test-banda-ice-4000/

I call this test "max useable" because all I do it set them for max clean and then turn them up until they stop gaining on the meter. I record the clamp and score at the highest point regardless of clipping or distortion. Fluke meters were used for the clamping. I purposely did not use the AMM-1. Output numbers are sort of irrelevant here so they are rounded to the nearest 100w. I really only clamped to monitor things in case there was an anomaly and to verify reactives were similar between the amps.

Voltage drop is not recorded but all amps were given the same starting voltage of 14.5v on a large bank of caps.

(3) beefy 3" coils in a daily setup were used so that thermal issues were kept at a minimum. The frequency used was 50hz.

Each amp was wired to .66 nominal and each amp had similar rise to 2.4 ohms.

image1_zpsprl2tpy4.jpeg

Banda ICE 4000
- 152.1dB
- 2,900va

Taramps HD4000
- 152.1dB
- 2,900va

Twisted Sounds 3.5k
- 151.6dB
- 2,600va

MMATS 4000
- 151.3dB
- 2,200va

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting. From a real-world performance standpoint the Brazilian amps don't look too bad.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Im a little surprised at the MMAts

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

The only thing that surprises me is that they are claiming American made

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

As always, thank you for taking the time and testing. I can't wait for all of the 18-24 year old guys who hug the SHIT out of the Brazilian amps to see these results and say "SEEEEEEEE, I told you they kicked the shit out of Korean 'junk' amps!". It's coming, mark my words.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

:popcorn2: tuned!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

As always, thank you for taking the time and testing. I can't wait for all of the 18-24 year old guys who hug the SHIT out of the Brazilian amps to see these results and say "SEEEEEEEE, I told you they kicked the shit out of Korean 'junk' amps!". It's coming, mark my words.

^hes right you know.

4 Shok triton 15s walled in 2000 Mirage

2 aq3500s (only 1 currently)

2 XS xp950s/ 2 XS xp3000s

220a alt (waiting to be installed)

Best score to date: 152.2 @ 31hz 150.0 @ 26hz

so this is more of a burp useable test than a daily useable test?

Not necessarily. More power is more power. And one of the claims made by the Brazilian camp is that rise doesn't affect them as much as Koreans. This test kind of confirms that. I mean... half a dB isn't really anything to write home about in a daily, but that's an ass whippin in the lanes.

It's just another data point. It's not an end all, be all test that will settle any debates.

Archived