Sundown Audio

Has anyone Strapped 2 MA Audio HK4000D?? Help

Has any one out there ever had 2 of MA Audio's HK4000D 's in parallel (strapped)?? Are they stappable??? Only thing in the Manual is under the features and controls section. says it has a parallel mode, but thats it. nothing else in the book. The only other thing showing anything is a sticker on the under side of the amp showing a wiring diagram for the parallel mode. Ive had this amp for many years and just got another. I Stapped them up how the diagram on the bottom of the amp shows. But they are Not working correctly. Like the amps are fighting each other. Diagram shows: Positive lead on both amps to the sub. no master/slave switch. and nothing on the negitive leads. plays this way. no protection light, but not correctly(horribly distorted and lack of power). Also the slave amp should have no control. but it does. I have un-strapped them and tested each one seperatly and they work fine not togethere. I also tried to add a jumper from negetive lead to negetive lead on the amps cause some require that, but it just puts them into protection mode. Back to running one now. Has anyone sucessfully Stapped these??? PLEASE HELP!!

if your "strapped" (which your amp cant do) at 2 ohm,.. your at 1ohm nominal.

So your hosed there......

Also, the RCA out, IS NOT FOR LINKING those amps....

amps ARE NOT LINK ABLE..

again.. ... as i mentioned above, put one amp on each driver, and gain match.

Archived