Second Skin Audio

2 Rockford Fosgate p3 15 Box Design HELP!!

I have 2 RF P3D2-15 in a 2004 avalanche midgate that are currently on a free air setup with my bed acting as a huge box. I have tried using a program to design my ported box but it failed miserably and sounded terrible so i threw it out. Now I need professional help, I already have around a 4" wide (may be wider not 100% sure ) 16" tall square hole cut for the port from the old box that i could use but I need the depth, width, port length, etc.. does anyone have a diagram they could give me or some tips? And the perfect height was also 18" so if that could also be a set factor that'd be great. Would like it tuned to the low 30s. Any help is appreciated thanks!

Actually the port width is 6.5 inches wide.. wider than i thought but can be changed if necessary. 48 inches is the perfect width because it was perfect width in the last box i built. Since the box will be in my covered bed the depth can be however deep it needs to be, size is not an issue. I cannot include pics for some reason but theyre in my avalanche midgate with the subs out the outside and the port in the middle.

You can use photobucket or imgur to host pics and then post them here. I find imgur really easy to use.

You say the box can be as deep as it needs to be, but we really REALLY need to have the actual number. Different people have different opinions on just what "size is not an issue" means, numbers don't come with opinions.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

His box is extending into the bed of a truck, basically a blow through.

I'm doubting you could design a simple ported enclosure for those 15's that would take up that entire bed.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

His box is extending into the bed of a truck, basically a blow through.

I'm doubting you could design a simple ported enclosure for those 15's that would take up that entire bed.

I'm sure you are right, but when people don't give numbers then we have to make assumptions. Assumptions bite people in ass.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Actually the port width is 6.5 inches wide.. wider than i thought but can be changed if necessary. 48 inches is the perfect width because it was perfect width in the last box i built. Since the box will be in my covered bed the depth can be however deep it needs to be, size is not an issue. I cannot include pics for some reason but theyre in my avalanche midgate with the subs out the outside and the port in the middle.

Here's how to post pics on here exactly:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160056-how-to-post-pictures-on-the-forum-photobucket/

Best to go with rockfords own recommendations.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/Support/BoxAdvisor.aspx

Single sub ported dimensions are 18x28x12 with a 4" port 10" long.

To do a pair just double the internal volume and use 2 ports of the same as recommended.

The box would be 28x36x12 and put the ports between the subs in the middle of the box so the subs get tricked into thinking they are in single enclosures but with a common shared chamber.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived