Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

• 8 months later...

It's time to give that 2ch rockford fosgate LOC a try with the fixed output. (RF-HLC)
and will use the high-lowlevel adapter cable for the other amp and then use its remote out function to trigger
the other amp on used bye that RF-HLC :)

I like to try new things.

Also going to take a major checkup on amp grounds and battery negative to ground connection.
Think i need some sanding/grinding. Using factory grounds currently. Quite long ground cables though in my trunk.

I really regret that i let that car-audio company to the cable installs about year 2007. Everything is redone except speaker wires from/to stereo.

• 2 weeks later...

RF HLC and HLC-4 will likely give you the same problems. The RF BLD should work well for you though.

Here is the problem, the inexpensive LOCs use a transformer to take the high level signal and reduce it down to low level. Transformers work by creating a magnetic field and transmitting the signal that way. Like wireless communication. As you may be aware wireless transmission works best at high frequencies, at lower frequencies it basically stops working. That is what is wrong with all the inexpensive LOCs out there, they use transformers. It works fine at 1kHz, but below 50Hz the wheels start to fall off. At 40Hz they are so distorted the DD-1 will report distortion at any level. By 20Hz there is nothing that resembles a sine wave coming out of those things. The transformer coupled LOC is a great example of a product designed by a marketing person. No electrical engineer would ever recommend that.

catbag1.jpg

Edited by TonyD'Amore
  • Like (+1 Rep) 5

• 1 month later...

RF HLC and HLC-4 will likely give you the same problems. The RF BLD should work well for you though.

Here is the problem, the inexpensive LOCs use a transformer to take the high level signal and reduce it down to low level. Transformers work by creating a magnetic field and transmitting the signal that way. Like wireless communication. As you may be aware wireless transmission works best at high frequencies, at lower frequencies it basically stops working. That is what is wrong with all the inexpensive LOCs out there, they use transformers. It works fine at 1kHz, but below 50Hz the wheels start to fall off. At 40Hz they are so distorted the DD-1 will report distortion at any level. By 20Hz there is nothing that resembles a sine wave coming out of those things. The transformer coupled LOC is a great example of a product designed by a marketing person. No electrical engineer would ever recommend that.

catbag1.jpg

Tony this information is very informative. Thank you. I just recently purchased a dd1 and i have temp set up in my vehicle and have a pos HLC in it and i experienced the problem you explained, with perpetual distortion at any level at 40hz. This question might be against forum rules as the answer might be construed as bashing, but do know if Audiocontrol uses these "transformers" specifically the LC2i? I could be foolish in assuming it would not since its a powered device, but im no expert. Thanks