Frustrating alt whine won't go away...

I am hearing an alternator whine from my speakers in my car. Whine fluctuates when I gas the car. It just happened randomly one day, not just after I installed an amp. I just replaced the my front and rear RCAs to RF "Dual Twist" ones (since the previous KK Krystal RCAs had one rca channel that wasn't working), however, when I used y-splitter to split the front channels for another amp, I used KnuKonceptz Krystal RCA y-splitters (from the RCAs from I had before). When I unplug a single RCA channel from the amp, the noise stops in whatever speaker that channel was for.

Today, I basically checked every ground. I even replaced all my butt connectors from my head unit install with all soldered connections. NO FRIGGIN LUCK. Not sure what to do, one page online says I need RCA shorting plugs to troubleshoot...not sure though...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Car: 2003 Toyota Highlander

Amp 1: Ampere 125.4 (for 4 door speakers))

Amp 2: Kenwood Excelon XR400-4 (one of the front split rcas goes to this amp for the pillars)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try taking the Y-split out of the equation. Just to test.

I would have but the rear channels are not split.. and they still make they noise when plugged in.

Does the 125.4 have a line out rca jack? Try using that instead of the "Y".

Does the 125.4 have a line out rca jack? Try using that instead of the "Y".

You are right! I need to try that!!

So the whine is coming from ALL speakers?

Yeah, the whine is louder on the rear door speakers (nendo neo forte) than the front door (Crescendo Mezzo components, just the woofer no crossover/tweet)...and my pillars are being redone so I dont know if any whine is coming from the second amp...

Hook up a speaker to that amp, just to see if the noise is present. If it is, likely a head unit issue. Ground.

Used the through outputs on the ampere...cleaner wiring..but no less whine...

Noise present on every speaker from each amp...the whine of some speakers are louder than others...I really doubt it is the HU ground...I just re-grounded the hu ground to the chassis manually today instead of using the OEM ground wire. Still no difference.

When I got back in the car it sounded like it went away...but then once I started gassing it it came back and stayed...I know there is always going to be some sort of "sound" coming out of the speaker at all times but I just feel like this is slightly louder than it should be!

Archived