Frustrating alt whine won't go away...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check the alt ground?

Yeah, there isn't a lot to check there...seems fine to me...and even if my alt to ground wire had issues its also grounded to the engine block.

Check the alt ground?

Yeah, there isn't a lot to check there...seems fine to me...and even if my alt to ground wire had issues its also grounded to the engine block.

Was gonna say, alt case to battery negative, alt case to frame, engine block to frame LOL

Just throwing stuff out there, don't know where else to look.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Check the alt ground?

Was gonna say, alt case to battery negative, alt case to frame, engine block to frame LOL

Just throwing stuff out there, don't know where else to look.

I hear ya man, I appreciate the help :)

Update: So, I plugged in a RCA male to 3.5mm into my amp and I could successfully play music from my ipod. So that makes me think the issue is either with the RCAs or the head unit. I literally just bought this pair of two channel RF Dual Twist RCAs like two weeks ago! And they are running opposite side of my power wire.

NOW, the weird thing is I plugged my same RF rcas back into the amp after this and the noise went 95% away on every channel the way it should be! I even unplugged and replugged the rcas and jostled them around to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Not sure what happened or even if this is a permanent fix...

Update: So, I plugged in a RCA male to 3.5mm into my amp and I could successfully play music from my ipod. So that makes me think the issue is either with the RCAs or the head unit. I literally just bought this pair of two channel RF Dual Twist RCAs like two weeks ago! And they are running opposite side of my power wire.

NOW, the weird thing is I plugged my same RF rcas back into the amp after this and the noise went 95% away on every channel the way it should be! I even unplugged and replugged the rcas and jostled them around to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Not sure what happened or even if this is a permanent fix...

Ok sh** just got weirder...so the whine only happens when head unit is on (always has)...now the whine still makes a sounds every time I turn on the head unit...but when I open my drivers door and shut it the whine goes away...every time...what the hell...

Any other suggestions? Only other thing I can try is isolating the amp from the chassis....

Otherwise, I'm left trying to replace either the amp and/or the head unit...

check out this vid on youtube for this problem

I already have copper wire wrapped around my RCAs outputs and grounded it from my prvious amp...its still there now, and it does not seem to be helping...

Archived