Frustrating alt whine won't go away...

try an alpine or kenwood headunit, pioneers are known to have these issues (I don't think it's an issue with your wiring/rca's or equipment, except the headunit is crap)

It is a Kenwood man!! The only thing it can possibly be at this point is a prob with the alt and/or alt ground...or I need a new head unit, but noise goes away if I just turn on head unit with JUST car battery power...noise comes back as soon as I start car.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^geez sorry mate, dunno what else to suggest (sounds like a pico fuse issue within the deck) but spose it cant hurt to try other things.

Well thanks for trying bro! I appreciate the effort! You now know my frustration.

^^ I've has the exact issue befor, but grounding my rca's sorta fixed it for me. don't spose you have a switch on your 4 channel amp that lets you only run one set of rca's into it and runs all for channels? (you'll loose the ability to fade front to rear ect from the headunit tho)

whoa, just niced you have 2 sets of rca's and 2x four channel amps... how many rca splitters are you using?

I took out all the splitters...right now only one amp is really running...I'm like 99% the issue is not the rcas or amps

I didn't read through all the thread so if it's been asked my bad.

How and where are the amps grounded?

I'm sure it won't hurt to redo the alt ground regardless

You grounded the alt case to the frame?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived