XS Power

XS power battery going in but first...

I'm going from a post terminal battery to XS power's bolt terminal battery. I already bought a 6 bolt battery terminal and also had a local sundown dealer install 1/0 big 3 upgrade (While I waited for my XS power battery) the big 3 wires are crimped with terminal lugs and bound in electrical tape and are ready to connect to my new battery.

I'm worried I'll take out the old battery, replace it and won't be able to start my car. Here's my dilemma

I currently have 2 wires connected to my negative terminal and I know one is the ground but the second (bigger) wire I can not trace where it's connected. I need help identifying it and I'm guessing I'll be moving that wire to the new battery when I crimped a lug terminal to it.

Next issue is I have 3 wires going to my positive terminal and I need help identifying those also. One is my power wire to my amp but I can't trace the other 2 since they drop below my engine bay it looks like and I just lose them in the darkness.

I just need to find out which of the wires I am struggling to identify need to be connected to the new battery to start my car once I disconnected my old battery.

http://s375.photobucket.com/user/AlwaysUpgradingBASS/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1

the first pic is of the negative terminal And the big wire is the wire I'm confused on. if it's a second ground to the engine or something I'm sure I won't need it anymore.

Now the last pic is of the positive terminal. The wire my finger is on goes to my amp and the small red wire is for my LED's. The other 2 wires are all I need identified.

I would connect every wire that was originally there to the new battery unless you know for sure what is is your are leaving out. Like when I did my big 3 and batt I took out the factory ground wire because I was replacing that ground with my own zero gauge ground. Does that answer your question?

Edited by Taylor Cascio

I would connect every wire that was originally there to the new battery unless you know for sure what is is your are leaving out. Like when I did my big 3 and batt I took out the factory ground wire because I was replacing that ground with my own zero gauge ground. Does that answer your question?

I do know I need to remove my small ground wire. He installed 2 grounds for my big 3.they are screwed into my frame and one goes straight to the battery and one seems to go to my engine.the only positive I see comes from my alternator I should have posted pictures of the big 3 so I can give you a better visual of what's going on. But I feel my question was answered with your guys' comments. Both negatives can go and all of my positives come to my new battery. I'll follow the stock wire to my alt and remove that and connect the remaining two wires.

Not sure about that engine ground...a good big three upgrade would ground the alternator case, not the engine block. Just make sure you don't remove a wire unless you plan on replacing it...otherwise you should be fine.

Not sure about that engine ground...a good big three upgrade would ground the alternator case, not the engine block. Just make sure you don't remove a wire unless you plan on replacing it...otherwise you should be fine.

now that it's morning here I should be able to figure this out. Basic stuff really I just didn't have the confidence to just UN hook my batt and start figuring it out as I progressed. thanks for your help guys.

now that it's morning here I should be able to figure this out. Basic stuff really I just didn't have the confidence to just UN hook my batt and start figuring it out as I progressed. thanks for your help guys.

I know how you feel! I was there too! There more I do to my car though the more I am just like screw it I'll do it anyways! lol