My newest PC build

I've been meaning to post this for a while. A while back I posted my build with a pair of GTX 970's... they turned out to be very dissapointing so they were returned and I bought a pair of R9 290X's... then finally i've moved over to this build:

Specs:

Processor: Intel i7 4790K @ stock speeds

CPU Cooling: Corsair H90

Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC

RAM: G.Skill 2x8GB 2400MHz CAS10

Video Card: MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G (I got really lucky on this one, has an ASIC of 81.6% and it can easily do 1500MHz on the core.)

SSD: Crucial MX100 512GB with Windows 8.1 Pro

Power Supply: Seasonic X-1250

Case: Corsair Carbide 500R

Case Fans: Cougar 120mm (3) and 140mm (2) blue LED

20150402_024323_zps2tcneaeq.jpg

20150402_130732_zpspfhmjens.jpg

looks good man! what games do you play? a few of us from here play BF4 or (now) GTA 5 almost nightly. :)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Lately I've just been playing World of Warcraft. I've been thinking about other games, just not really sure what I want to play. I'm really disappointed with the way Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare ended up. I love playing that game, but the players are not there and it takes too long to get a match since they screwed up on the release of the game and patched it up months later.

I tried out the BF4 free trial on Origin, I was getting whooped in every match and it was hard to have fun. I may not be the best FPS player out, but I know i'm not that bad, it just left me with a bad experience so I decided not to buy it... Have a buddy that owns GTA5 and wants to show me the game today, so i'm gonna see what it's all about and maybe give it a chance.

Rain, that is how I feel currently about the Battlefield Hardline. I bought it and don't really have to much fun. Love the build though. What made you go from dual 290x's to a single 980. Also how long have you had this? Next gen GPU's are right around the corner. I do like it though, looks really good. Also if I might ask, you have plans on more gpu power later on or heavy OCing? That 1200 watt PSU is going to be chilling on that set up hahaha. Also, to that 980, that some nice clockage.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I enjoy playing WoW when I get the opportunity to. As of late I haven't been on as much tho. I'm not a PvP type guy though on there. Every once in awhile it can be fun tho.

Rain, that is how I feel currently about the Battlefield Hardline. I bought it and don't really have to much fun. Love the build though. What made you go from dual 290x's to a single 980. Also how long have you had this? Next gen GPU's are right around the corner. I do like it though, looks really good. Also if I might ask, you have plans on more gpu power later on or heavy OCing? That 1200 watt PSU is going to be chilling on that set up hahaha. Also, to that 980, that some nice clockage.

Yeah, I really don't have a good reason to have this 1250w PSU anymore. Only reason I have it, is because I got it for $80.

I really just like to play around with different graphics cards. I trade/sell video cards the most... Just like to see what each side has to offer. I ended up selling my R9 290X's for a decent price. I sold them with the intention of buying a GTX Titan X and ended up going with a GTX 980 I found off criagslist for $480 instead. I couldn't pass up the deal, it was a brand new in box GTX 980 with the plastic wrap still on the box. I couldn't justify a GTX Titan X since I would only be playing at 1080p anyway... I wanted to get a nice 4K monitor, but bills and saving up for a new house took priority. So far i'm very happy with the performance of this card.

Yeah, I really don't have a good reason to have this 1250w PSU anymore. Only reason I have it, is because I got it for $80.

I really just like to play around with different graphics cards. I trade/sell video cards the most... Just like to see what each side has to offer. I ended up selling my R9 290X's for a decent price. I sold them with the intention of buying a GTX Titan X and ended up going with a GTX 980 I found off criagslist for $480 instead. I couldn't pass up the deal, it was a brand new in box GTX 980 with the plastic wrap still on the box. I couldn't justify a GTX Titan X since I would only be playing at 1080p anyway... I wanted to get a nice 4K monitor, but bills and saving up for a new house took priority. So far i'm very happy with the performance of this card.

I feel you on that choice then. The Titan X's are pretty hefty on the wallet, as well as a real 4K monitor to push it would also probably cost just around the same as the Titan X. I can't wait until those flagships drop down and 4k becomes more mainstream. I run my games at minimum 1440p if not 3200x1800 via AMD's VSR. I know Nvidia has something similar just don't know the name. Really neat software to take advantage of.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm