DC Sound Lab

Disclaimer: The following was done with full understanding of the risks and knowingly voided my warranty.

I ran the 12k at .5 bridged for about 6 months before I decided I wanted more power and went to 2 7.5ks. Took it like a champ. This was backed by 2 singer 400A alternators and 8 XS D1400s as well. Voltage never dropped below 14.8v.

So here is the real question, are you willing to pay a $500 repair bill if you blow it? If so, I say go for it.

i would say 14.8 volts on 14v batteries is low. not to mention you had 2 400a alternators.. this guy has 380a. we stated before that he needs at least 2 350a alternators. you had 800a. you had more alternator power and still dropped low.. i wouldnt recommend it unless he had the power to back it up

Not low at all. You have to remember that the 12k was a 12v amp with a 15.3v ceiling. My set point was 15.1v not the typical 16.8.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I ran 2 dd m4s at .35 daily clamped 12 k out of them best score was 156 switched to 12 k same impediance .7 bridged .35 per channel an I did same score 156 .. Ran it at .35 bridged .175 per channel an it played but I didn't leave it like that or recommend it with any amp .. Lol

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Few questions

-have you ever ran an amp at .5 ohm

-do you have the electrical to back it up

-do you have a need to run it at .5 ohm

12k is a bridged amp.... two smaller boards..

I know chode runs his low.. but.... i wouldnt..... no way... its like bridging a amp half rated.... fuck that..

2 smaller boards? If I remember correctly, the 12k was a 2 channel amplifier, not 2 internally strapped boards.

Ok. Its a 2 channel sub amp.

meh....

anyway... start them back up for production !!? seems theres interest. !!! ;)

12k was replaced by the 10k which stomps its ass on 12v, biggest complaint from customers was the 12k wasn't strappable. My suggestion. Instead of running an amp into the dirt to get power why not buy a second amp? By the time to repair the single amps 2 or 3 times from running it into the ground, I'm sure it would cover the cost of the second amp anyways

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

12k was replaced by the 10k which stomps its ass on 12v, biggest complaint from customers was the 12k wasn't strappable. My suggestion. Instead of running an amp into the dirt to get power why not buy a second amp? By the time to repair the single amps 2 or 3 times from running it into the ground, I'm sure it would cover the cost of the second amp anyways

:)

thanks jeff ! ;)

I been preaching this every time i see someone asking if it's okay to wire a 1.5k amp at. 05.. I think they will have better results buying a 2.5k amp. Want more power run a bigger amp that will be more efficient running it at the appropriate load

Here you go brandon. I seen a DC 190 a while ago when i was in the market for a alt https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/GMC~Yukon~2006~5.3L-V8/8237-185-oem.html

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3