Sundown Audio

just purchased a new Zv4 18 and will be running it on my t1500.1 till i get a larger amp (3500rms). Wanting to play really strong in the upper 20's into maybe low 50's. i have plenty of space for a box as it will be a blow-thru in my chevy avalanche and looking for suggestions on doing either a 4th order or a ported box. i want to smash the high 20's and 30's.

2002 chevy avalanche

Currently have:

2 dc xl 18

set of T2652-s

scv-6k

Ct sounds 75.4

270a mechman

xp3000

d3400

Wanted:

saz 200.4

Second set of T2652-s

D3100's

deadner

Not sure if this will help you out or not but i have a zv4 15 on a 3500 in the recommend box specs on sundowns website and smash 27hz to 40hz no problem. I always wanted to try out a 4th order but it just seems to be too much work for one sub.

Also you have to be little but more careful with doors open with a 4th order i have a friend who tore up his zv4 in a 4th order on a 3500.

Edited by Nealon14

I have two in a massive box tuned to 27 and it gets brutal. shakes everything. but they can take some power. if you want it tuned low like that on that power just make sure your gains are set properly.. the subs do like to get stinky fast if its not done correctly. solid electrical and power and that 18 will get down.

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

i wouldn't push twice the rated power to any sub. Just me

I had my zv4 on a sq2200 and its was OK but now that it is on a 3500 boy it really shines.... doesn't get stinky at all for me and it actually moves now like it should be. I'm wired at 1ohm so I know I'm safe. If I had the d2 version to wire it at .5 then I would be a little worried. Its probably seeing close to rated wired at 1ohm anyways after rise and all that.

Edited by Nealon14

• 3 weeks later...

I had my zv4 on a sq2200 and its was OK but now that it is on a 3500 boy it really shines.... doesn't get stinky at all for me and it actually moves now like it should be. I'm wired at 1ohm so I know I'm safe. If I had the d2 version to wire it at .5 then I would be a little worried. Its probably seeing close to rated wired at 1ohm anyways after rise and all that.

whats your box specs if you dont mind me asking

If you have a single dual 4 ohm sub wired parallel you are wired to 2ohm.

If you had a single dual 2 ohm sub wired parallel you would be wired to 1ohm

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Sorry i am an idiot i meant to say i have a d2 version and that i am safely wired to 1 ohm and that if i had a d1 version wiried to .5 i would of been worried.

but anyways specs are 4.25cubes after all displacements tuned to around 31hz with 70 inches of port area

Edited by Nealon14