(Slow Build 2015) Soundqubed HDC4 18!!!(2007 Suburban)

Hello everyone!

Oh yeah, I decided to go ahead and go big, and my brand new Soundqubed HDC4 18" just came in today, and since it is the first piece to my new build, i felt it necessary to begin my build log. If anyone has seen my mustang's build, this will be about a million times slower, due to both the much higher budget(; and the fact that the vehicle this is going in is still on it's way lol(hopefully a 08 suburban/tahoe model). But feeling this beast in my hands has me so damn pumped to begin, and this time around i'll have my father's shop to be working in, plus everything i've learned in my first build! So please as always give me any opinions that you believe will make this better, I always could use advice! Thank you everyone for the support!

Here's the beast:

bHXsfGY.jpg

3OZNNLD.jpg

OLqtYeb.jpg

TbLB89m.jpg

C2OHxjQ.jpg

DW4BX2P.jpg

Been spending the last week getting our new shop in order, and also building a work table!! I needed a large surface to house both my router and my table saw, it's almost complete, just have to mount the tools themselves, once this is complete i'll be able to get to work!! So far i've got one other "customer" whose system i'm putting together, with the deadline being this friday hah, Afterwards i'll start finalizing the design for this 18.(;

70gujOO.jpg

TuxovW3.jpg

xHZ895B.jpg

BvpmHLh.jpg

FkY0Gkn.jpg

JrXmXs4.jpg

This is a pic of our near completed shop!

l6m14XJ.jpg

Lol yes that is an amp on the wall.... Hopefully soon i'll be commissioned to put together a lil something to make this place shake!

dOyQ638.jpg

Hello everyone!

Oh yeah, I decided to go ahead and go big, and my brand new Soundqubed HDC4 18" just came in today, and since it is the first piece to my new build, i felt it necessary to begin my build log. If anyone has seen my mustang's build, this will be about a million times slower, due to both the much higher budget(; and the fact that the vehicle this is going in is still on it's way lol(hopefully a 08 suburban/tahoe model). But feeling this beast in my hands has me so damn pumped to begin, and this time around i'll have my father's shop to be working in, plus everything i've learned in my first build! So please as always give me any opinions that you believe will make this better, I always could use advice! Thank you everyone for the support!

Here's the beast:

bHXsfGY.jpg

3OZNNLD.jpg

OLqtYeb.jpg

TbLB89m.jpg

C2OHxjQ.jpg

DW4BX2P.jpg

Whats with all the Man poses with the sub? LOL Usually seeing just the sub is enough! ha ha

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the saw and my other project! But sadly as of today my mustang is out of commission, broken motor mount):

Will hopefully get that fixed very soon, bad timing as prom is day after tomorrow haha, but of all the places to break down i guess the shop was the best, so i commend it there.

Never have worked with shallow subs before, but a buddy of mine asked if i'd throw something in his truck, and man was i surprised by how much these tiny things bumped! charged 200 for the whole thing, including equipment cost.

Here's his truck:

TeW5aKW.jpg

And boy does this table saw cut like a charm!!! i was worried since i designed this myself it wouldn't workout or would just cut crooked as shit, but it's beautiful, my measuring system does leave something to be desired though, once that's perfected and my next car arrives(very soon hopefully since mustang seems to be letting me down) i'll be ready to start my 18's box.

LBmxxFo.jpg

xB3M82D.jpg

pC0OvIu.jpg

FWv5gVs.jpg

• 2 months later...

Aw yeah! As of yesterday the mustang is no longer my main. I won't lie, the amount i've worked this year wasn't enough to cover getting a new car, but my incredible father helped hook me up and I couldn't be happier with this beast!

ldOMeF5.jpg?1

CbDdroy.jpg?1

B7RpRLC.jpg

super pumped to start working on this thing! Work has been taking up an unreal amount of time this summer, and I know this box is going to take some serious time and money to build, not to mention i leave for freshman year August 18th! Definitely a race to get done, but I'm feeling i can get it done!

Archived