Second Skin Audio

? about subwoofer placement on the baffle, joe x

mike-g

Tried to pm you,but couldn't. I built the box per specs you gave me,the only thing left is cutting the baffle holes.my measurements are a little off from when I cut my 45 on the baffle, 1/4-3/8 or so anyways when I marked the holes out for the sub's there's only 1" between left and right walls from cut out and 2 1\2" sub to sub cut out. Cut out is 11 1\8 x 2 , and 13" x 2 total subwoofer width which makes 26" of subwoofer the baffle is 26 1\2 from inside of left wall to inside of port wall, and 27 1\4 from outside of left wall to inside of 45 and port wall.will I be alright to leave the extra space between sub's and have the outside of the sub's right on the edge,cutout is roughly 1" from walls.I doubled the baffle to the out side dimensions. Any help would be appreciated so I can finish up .please and thanks for any advice

Generally you want the drivers to all be mounted symetrically in the enclosure, to help ensure that they are all loading the same.

There are many many documented occurrences where people have had problems with one sub repeatedly failing because of this. However, i doubt it will be a real issue with your installation, as with most typical installs.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Joe x, i tried again a few times to pm you.It's pretty much the same thing as above.Your advice or any other with knowledge please tell me if i will be OK with sub-woofers mounted 1" away from the walls/port wall. I have plenty of depth between subs and port opening(inside box), and can i line the walls with 1/4" foam/rubber mat, will doing so help/hurt performance and can i add the cut off pieces from 45's in the 90 degree corners and will it help/hurt.thanks in advance.

Archived