Testing amps on alt

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amp gain at 60%?

How did you set it?

my self I just put gain a lil over half

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

"not trying to thread jack, but Kyle how did you get the alts to alternate like that with the different voltages or were they built like that? just curious"

Ok.... it took me a few minutes to get it myself.

In this application your seeing, i have a 350, and a 270.

I have a VCM. The vcm cant control both. The internal on the 270 is set at 14.8.

VCM is on the 350. WIth no draw, or very little, i could manipulate what would turn on buy "adjusting the voltage" on the vcm.

If i turned it ABOVE 14.8, the 350 would do the work, because the internal on the 270 is set at 14.8. If i turned it LOWER, the 270 would "pick up" to regulate to 14.8.

This would not matter when i let it eat, because id dip to around 13 or below, or whatever, and BOTH WOULD TURN ON to pick up .... Make sense?

Ive since not cared for the vcm, ditched it, and just use a simple turn on, on both alts......

K I S S

Keep it simple stupid

Ahh I gotcha. I was just intrigued by it. So now that you don't have the VCM, both are on all the time?

Also I wonder if you could do something similar with a voltage sensing relay, like what you were doing with the VCM.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Okay I just ordered a clamp meter, I still seem to be getting bad voltage drops all the way down to 11.7 and amp gain 60% on deck 0. From alt to amp I get about a .7 drop. The belt is Tight, alt dual set up is a dc270 only running to the amp xdi2000 arc audio,

what clamp ? link me

also.. is this at idle ? Your alt may not make shit at idle....... rev it up.

Im just spit balling...[/quotehttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B009CNYJG2/ref=pe_385040_127745480_TE_item_image I no its a lil cheapie one it had 4 stars so I got it

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

Amp gain at 60%?

How did you set it?

my self I just put gain a lil over half

Well there's your problem.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i took my xs3400 out to Fully Charge it see if it makes a difference. And yes at Idle. The Alternator is said to put out 180amps at idle(hot)

You might be clipping.. If I set my gains a bit over 25% I send distortion to my speakers. Set it lower

lowe? My bass drops

It will drop permanently when your gear goes up in flames. Gain Is not a volume knob..you suppose to match it with the rca output from the deck

Archived