Testing amps on alt

i took my xs3400 out to Fully Charge it see if it makes a difference. And yes at Idle. The Alternator is said to put out 180amps at idle(hot)

so, that is bench test/load... real world your probably seeing around 130 or so... maybe a bit more........

rev the fucking thing.. or .. buy more alt.......

and your running this alt on the 2k in your sig ? are you wired LOW ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will drop permanently when your gear goes up in flames. Gain Is not a volume knob..you suppose to match it with the rca output from the deck

Okay my deck is 4v output

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

I am wired down to 1 ohm on muti Meter is right at 1.0

i took my xs3400 out to Fully Charge it see if it makes a difference. And yes at Idle. The Alternator is said to put out 180amps at idle(hot)

so, that is bench test/load... real world your probably seeing around 130 or so... maybe a bit more........

rev the fucking thing.. or .. buy more alt.......

and your running this alt on the 2k in your sig ? are you wired LOW ?

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

Yes thats it arc xdi2000.1 thats the only thing on the alt

and your only running a ark 2k ?

I have a sp4 15 now

How loud do you expect a pair of 8's and a 2k to be?

I ordered the meter it will be here tomorrow ill see if it is indeed putting out 180 at least close to.

damn.... something is up...

seems to me that DC270 should keep you more than happy........

My stock denso (rated well lower) kept me higher, on more power.....

i dunno man.... :unknw:

Archived