A little help. Bit confuse on 2-/4-/multi-channel of amp for comp speakers.

Smurfboy

Hey guys. Need a little help to make sure I order the right amp. Please understand that I'm no expert when it comes to install/hook up the comp speakers and amp altogether (I'm the first timer). I have a set of comp speakers (RS65.2 Kicker 4-OHMs) and my truck is only 2-door. The price between the Sundown amps that I am looking at is quite huge and I have a fear of ordering the wrong one. Since comp speaker is 4ohms, I assume the amp has to be 4-channel, correct? Will 2-channel works well or is it largely depends on how wire works? I appreciate your help on that.

I am planning to run 4 Sundown SA-8" and an amp of SAZ-1500. I got everything except the channel amp for the doors (which is the one I need to get this week).

Get a two channel amp that outputs ~200 watts RMS at 4ohms. The impedance (ohms) of the speakers individually does not dictate the amount of channels for the amp, the amount of speakers and what your desired final impedance the amplifier sees does.

60-100rms @4ohm will be fine if you use a 2 Chanel

You could use a 75@4ohm 4ch and set gain low on the tweeter

I had the qs6502 on 75rms (zx700.5) they felt a bit week

So I biamped them on the zx700.5 and zx350.4

So I threw the tweeters on 60 rms and left the mids on 75 they came alive

I don't think he needs to be running active yet. So just a two channel will be fine. Unless he really wants to run active on a four channel. Just remember to cut the power down because the 200 rms for the speakers is part of making those passive crossovers work.

Active is nothing like biamping

The crossovers have dual inputs

Personal having hade most of the kicker higher end stuff biamping is a must to get the most out of them

Side note

they are rated at 200rms for the pair

100rms a side

So a 200rms@4ohm amp will fry thoes speakers so quick it ain't funny

A 100rms@4ohm 2ch amp is the biggest op will would want

If your sticking with sundown amps your only option is the 50.4, witch will work, just not what idd recomend

I vote 4 channel you can always bridge them to be a 2 channel and later use them as a 4 channel for active if needed also 9 times out of 10 4 channels put out more power then there matching 2 channel counterparts

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Active is nothing like biamping

The crossovers have dual inputs

Personal having hade most of the kicker higher end stuff biamping is a must to get the most out of them

Side note

they are rated at 200rms for the pair

100rms a side

So a 200rms@4ohm amp will fry thoes speakers so quick it ain't funny

A 100rms@4ohm 2ch amp is the biggest op will would want

If your sticking with sundown amps your only option is the 50.4, witch will work, just not what idd recomend

Ummm no no and no

200rms @4 ohms will not fry any speakers if set up correctly you want more power/overhead when dealing with vocal speakers for less thd and less heat

I have double the rms going to my front stage I wanted triple q

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived