XS Power

What electrical upgrades do I need??

Have a 2005 chrysler 300c, going to be running a AA3800.1 at 1ohm, a Nendo 1100.4 @4ohms. Trying to see where I need to be. Do I need a HO alt? How many batts? I'd appreciate it! I'm in the middle of the build and need to order what I need soon! Thanks for the help!

Yes you need an ho alt and how much batt you need depends on what you are doing with the system but the bigger the reserve the better.

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yes you need an ho alt and how much batt you need depends on what you are doing with the system but the bigger the reserve the better.

Not competing, just daily pounding. I need to know exactly what I need so I can order, builds on stop til I can get the electrical ordered.

Biggest hairpin 6 phase alt you can get from either singer, or mechman.

I Would Upgrade the Stock Battery to the biggest xs power batt that will fit in its place and add a xs d3100 on top of that.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Biggest hairpin 6 phase alt you can get from either singer, or mechman.

I Would Upgrade the Stock Battery to the biggest xs power batt that will fit in its place and add a xs d3100 on top of that.

x2

plus atleast 2 runs of fused 1/0 OFC from front to back. Unsure if you have a front or rear battery, not too familiar but I'm thinking of rear battery mount. An XS D4800 should work, but it's not a direct dropin. You will need the "586" adapter posts.

I'd imagine Mike Singer or Mechman can hook you up with a 320a hair pin with 200a idle output, that beast alt plus a D4800 and a D3100 like Broke suggested, should get you pretty set unless you are planning to wire at 1/2 or lower. Just to be on the safe side, I would pick up an extra D3100 or atleast a pair of XP2000's.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Don't know if all that is in the budget but I get you guys point! Not trying to skimp but definitely not trying to break the bank. I was thinking a 240a from Mechman, a d3100 and replacing the stock one in the back with a diehard platinum agm since its a direct drop in. I'm running all CCA SHCA. Have 100ft total.

CCA should be fine if you pay close attention for corrosion. Sure it's cheaper, but it also does not have as high of a current carrying capability. If it can be budgeted, another 50 ft wouldn't hurt to be thrown in.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

You want to run a true 4k setup but don't want to break the bank?

CCA isn't what I would use but double up on runs and you'll be fine.

Terminals Crimped properly, no ghetto shit.

CCA should be fine if you pay close attention for corrosion. Sure it's cheaper, but it also does not have as high of a current carrying capability. If it can be budgeted, another 50 ft wouldn't hurt to be thrown in.

Yeah it was already ordered and I def don't want to waste it lol. As far as an extra 50 ft, I already have a 100ft, im assuming jus to double up! So I'll go ahead and order the 240a and replace the stocker and either add a 3100 or two xp 2000's! Awesome! Thanks guys much appreciated!

Edited by mrdavebasshead75

You want to run a true 4k setup but don't want to break the bank?

CCA isn't what I would use but double up on runs and you'll be fine.

Terminals Crimped properly, no ghetto shit.

Dude, u don't have to break the bank to get what you need! Someone is always selling something! Come on!!