New to Building a PC..also would be good as a Gaming one??

List of equipement

- intel core i5-4440 3.1GHZ

- 8GB Ram

- DDr 3

- 1TB of hard drive

- nvidia geforce gt730

- and some minor options..

so im new to this PC Building and what do you guys think?

would be good as a starting gaming rig?

also..

Could the GTA V would be playable on this system??

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

You would need a much better video card if you want to play GTA5 at any kind of decent settings and frame rates. Look more twords getting a Nvidia GTX750 TI or higher or a AMD Radeon 270x or higher. Both cards are around $150 each. For brands, go with EVGA, MSI or ASUS for Nvidia cards and XFX or MSI for AMD cards. This will bump up your price a little bit but it will give you a lot more options of games you can play.

if your looking to GAME and general use for a pc... dont worry about getting an i5... go get a g3258... they are 70 new from amazon or newegg. and on game will do just as well as an i7.

my old pc that i now use as a media center was:

cheap socket 1150 gigabyte itx board for about 50 bucks

the g3528 CPU 70 bucks

just like thetank77 said... asus 750ti 2gb edition (they have both 1 and 2gb versions so watch what you buy)

8gb of 1333mhz ram (g3528 cpu only supports up to 1333mhz ram, but honestly you WONT see any difference)

i use all these EXACT parts in an OLD emachines case with the 350w powersupply, and 750gb drive.

i have the cpu overclocked to 4.2ghz on the stock air cooler and the gpu clocked to max 110% power in asus gpu tweak.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jH46FT

this is a $500 pc that used the EXACT same parts that i have, i will run games just fine at 1080p

the 500 includes EVERYTHING

g3528 cpu

asus 750ti 2gb

430w PSU

gigabyte MB

a NICE itx case

8gb of ram

1tb WD green drive

and even a DVD burner.

anything you already have you can just take off the list

for under 500 you WONT build a better pc

i was gaming at 400 plus FPS on minecraft 1080p with over 220 mods and max settings

i could max out BF4 and average 65fps

advanced warfare you could max out about 60fps

and i could run games while using 2 screens with LOTs of tabs, and photoshop, and sketchup and other shit ALL running at the same time with out a any issue... and sad thing is 1 only have 1 cheap 120mm fan in the front that came stock with the case close to 8 years ago and the pc is DEAD silent even gaming and never gets hot.

CPU: AMD A8-6600K 3.9GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Asus A88X-PLUS ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($56.98 @ Newegg)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 250 4GB Video Card ($96.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Cooler Master N400 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Rosewill Stallion 400W ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $508.91

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-30 16:32 EDT-0400

That should do you well.

Edit: By the way, the GPU you chose, what version is it?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD A8-6600K 3.9GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: Silverstone AR03 81.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Asus A88X-PLUS ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($56.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($59.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 250 4GB Video Card ($96.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Cooler Master N400 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Rosewill Stallion 400W ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $508.91

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-30 16:32 EDT-0400

That should do you well.

Edit: By the way, the GPU you chose, what version is it?

The intel platform will be faster, trust me, ive used both chips and amd wont supply the card. It will bottle neck.

And there is no need for a 4gb vram gpu. 2 will be plenty and the gpu on the 750ti is faster giving him higher fps.

Amd cpu take ALOT more power and produce alot more heat. Not something you want in a computer.

I build pcs for a living... trust me

The intel platform will be faster, trust me, ive used both chips and amd wont supply the card. It will bottle neck.

And there is no need for a 4gb vram gpu. 2 will be plenty and the gpu on the 750ti is faster giving him higher fps.

Amd cpu take ALOT more power and produce alot more heat. Not something you want in a computer.

And Intel is something you don't want on a budget. When it comes to benchmarking and squeezing the extra bit out of everything, yes you are right. But a few C difference won't make a difference. And a lot of modern games eat VRAM. Usually more than 2 but not much more than 3, so it's nice to have the headroom. The build I suggested would be fine on the power that PSU can give out.

Edit: I even took the time to compare R7 270 4Gb to a 750Ti 2GB. Even the 2GB version of the R7 topped the 750Ti, then toss some more VRAM and it looks even better.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

And Intel is something you don't want on a budget. When it comes to benchmarking and squeezing the extra bit out of everything, yes you are right. But a few C difference won't make a difference. And a lot of modern games eat VRAM. Usually more than 2 but not much more than 3, so it's nice to have the headroom. The build I suggested would be fine on the power that PSU can give out.

Edit: I even took the time to compare R7 270 4Gb to a 750Ti 2GB. Even the 2GB version of the R7 topped the 750Ti, then toss some more VRAM and it looks even better.

well if the gpu is faster, then get that.... but the g3528 once over clocked will out beat the amd chip, and its only 70 bucks.

Archived