Mechman Alternators

wiring up multiple alts

So I have a 04 tahoe and I will be installing 4 mechman elite 370's. Now the plugs that came with the alts I understand that one of the alts will plug into the stock plug. So for the other 3 alts is there a certain wire i need to hook up? Do I need to splice all the same colored wires together? The plugs currently have 4 wires (yellow, blue, red, black) with a pigtail blue wire to hook up to a ignition source. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Team B2

2008 scion xb bagged on 18's plastidipped matte black

4 18" b2 xc's pushed by 4 b2 m1s at .5 each

8 b2 hn6's and 2 b2 hntt's powered by 2 b2 quattros.

157.7 sealed so far.

I emailed them through their page a few days ago, about a possible wiring harness. But heard nothing back.

Team B2

157.7 sealed so far.

So I have a 04 tahoe and I will be installing 4 mechman elite 370's. Now the plugs that came with the alts I understand that one of the alts will plug into the stock plug. So for the other 3 alts is there a certain wire i need to hook up? Do I need to splice all the same colored wires together? The plugs currently have 4 wires (yellow, blue, red, black) with a pigtail blue wire to hook up to a ignition source. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last person I know that ran 4 elites had fun trying to get them to work. Good luck.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

In for this topic , i'm about to install 3 alts myself and have never done it.

Pioneer 80PRS

4 Scan Speak discovery 4" full rage

2 Ampere Audio 6.5 Comp sets

3 Singer 370 Hairpin's

1 Odyssey g78/34-P1500

6 DieHard Platinum Marine g31

4 XS D3100's

DC 175.4

DC 90.4

4 DC 5k's

4 m3 lvl 5 15's

Soundrive RCA's

Lots of welding lead & SkyHigh

Team DC AUDIO

Easy install to get them working. Splice into the wire feeding the L terminals on your stock harness. Then you daisy chain to connect that wire to all the L terminals on all of your alts.

So L terminal form stock harness to L terminals on Second alt to L terminals on Third alt to L terminals to Fourth alt and so on.

That is what turns the alts on.

I would just like to add that i called mechman this morning and nathan returned my call asap and helped me out greatly. Way simpler than i had it going in my head

Team B2

157.7 sealed so far.

Thanks for all of the wire colors, but in the end all that is important is the "L" terminal on the regulator. In most cases this can be found by looking at the alternator from the back. The very first pin to the left of the clip should have the letter "L" cast into the plastic regulator stub. Get a switched 12V to that and rock and roll.

Let me know if this helped, and if you need anything email me at [email protected] or call 1-888-MECHMAN XT 202.

The honestly best way to do multiple alts is to have the first one set up to plug into the factory harness, and do the rest self exciting. A self exciting regulator will tend to have an output of about 14.9V to 15.1V when cold/ warm. Other nice thing is no plugs to deal with. Battery cables and that is all.

Guys have a great weekend.

^^

this...

use one with the OEM plug ... use all others with source and turn on....

When i tried running multiples on the OEM turn plug (splicing), it didnt work correctly.

I run one with the OEM plug, and then just used a constant (to the stud) and then a turn on on the other(s)

This proved best method for me..... and easiest also.

Edited by Kyblack76